It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 149  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

El Capo wrote:
Szczsny Golden Glove so far. :mrgreen:

Golden Ball so far, to be honest. Poland probably played the worst football over the three games and they're through, only because of him. I feel sad for Saudi Arabia to be going home after showing so much passion, but they had many chances to kill Poland which they didn't take. And Mexico had two embarrassing performances in their first two games, they were good tonight but again, should have had a much more commanding win than just 2-1. Poland are going to get massacred by France, they must be the worst team to reach the knockout stages in years, maybe even worse than Nigeria in 2014.

I'm very disappointed with Denmark, based on their performances in the last few years they should have even been challenging France for top spot in the group, not coming home with 1 point. Credit to Australia of course for their fighting spirit, hopefully they can cause an upset against this miserable Argentina team. Now that we know 2 of the potential semi finalists, I think logically, I'd have to go with Argentina and France to reach that stage, although I'd prefer to see England, Senegal or Australia, of course the last two are almost impossible though.

BTW, I'm working during almost every game from now on :( The only ones I know I can watch live are the third round of 16 games and the 3rd place playoff. I'm watching the games when I get home from work, while trying to avoid seeing the result until then :lol:

Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:42 am

Denmark and Poland disappointed in terms of performance. Looks like Belgium is going to the same way. Maybe Serbia too. Netherlands got the results though.

I believe we can partially blame Nations League for that.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:06 am
Profile WWW

Szczesny is a regular smoker, as far as I remember. If he wasn't, he would definitely start so, right after last night. :lol:

Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:32 pm

New question: What exactly are Modric's lungs made of? I'm going with Tungsten!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Amministratore

Donkey Romelu is by far the most overrated and hilarious forward in the history of football.

A living meme :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:44 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Germany has to win and then Spain must not lose to Japan. I can't see that happening in any alternative reality, anyway.

This comment didn't age well, did it?

Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:56 pm

Shameful performance by Spain, they could have saved everyones time by just not attending the game.
Things that were good: Havertz, Musiala's willpower and dribbling (I rarely saw such an unlucky performance) and Gnabry.
Things that were similar bad: Flick's tactics, Götze, Flick's substitutions, Flick's starters, Süle, Flick, and those lineswomen that weren't even on Sunday league level.
To sum it up: Flick out, Tuchel in.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:04 pm
Amministratore

Germans are real gentleman they could kick out Spain too losing against Costarica.
Japan-Spain is a cookie.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:24 pm

27DONI72 wrote:
Germans are real gentleman they could kick out Spain too losing against Costarica.

I thought that was going to happen when the result of both games was 2-1 and twenty minutes were left. :lol:

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:37 pm

Hope karma works for Spain. I'm gutted Germany didn't let Costa Rica win.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:32 pm

FanisJK7 wrote:

Karma just happened.

Germany 1x0 Austria - WC 82

Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:57 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
FanisJK7 wrote:

Karma just happened.

Germany 1x0 Austria - WC 82

Yeah, guess Rabah Madjer will celebrate that he can play in the derby against Morocco now - let's hope that Belloumi, Fergani and Assad still have their boots ready as well :roll:
Pathetic that a Brazilian guy writes nonsense like that when guys like Müller, Neuer, Götze and their other team mates showed your NT respect and sportsmanship in 2014 -instead of putting 15 goals behind them and humilating them even more.
But since we talk about karma: Let's hope that divers like Neymar and Antony end up with some serious injury at this WC - after all it just be karma for their behaviour on the pitch.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:11 pm

Hopefully Ghana goes through. That would lead to a first time ever round of 16 with three African teams.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:24 pm

People must be joking if they think Spain didn't try or lost on purpose to eliminate Germany, they were obviously trying to score and finished the game with Olmo, Torres, Fati and Asensio on the pitch. Considering that for at some point during that 90 minutes they were heading out the competition, it made zero sense for them to throw the game. And you could see how angry Enrique was with the second half performance too, he looked furious. If you ask me, it makes no sense for Germany to get annoyed at Spain for losing to Japan, when the only reason they were in that mess in the first place is because they themselves lost to Japan. If it's so easy to beat Japan that Spain had to lose on purpose, then Germany should have had no problems doing so...

This has to be one of the most dramatic groups in history, every team played a crucial part, every game added to the drama. Even Costa Rica who finished bottom gave Spain the huge goal difference advantage, took 3 points away from Japan and were even leading Germany and set to go through at one point. I can't believe FIFA will change the format to 3 team groups with 2 going through at the next tournament, that was a perfect advertisement for how exciting the group stages can be.

By the way, I feel bad for Lukaku, since August he has played less than 45 minutes of football, now because Belgium were so shit they had to try and rely on him to drag them out of a mess and he will end up with all of the blame despite the fact that he was clearly not in shape. And even though his presence caused more danger than Belgium managed in the rest of the tournament combined. Also, what a performance by Gvardiol in that game, he really has the potential to be the best defender in the world.

Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:30 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
People must be joking if they think Spain didn't try or lost on purpose to eliminate Germany, they were obviously trying to score and finished the game with Olmo, Torres, Fati and Asensio on the pitch. Considering that for at some point during that 90 minutes they were heading out the competition, it made zero sense for them to throw the game. And you could see how angry Enrique was with the second half performance too, he looked furious. If you ask me, it makes no sense for Germany to get annoyed at Spain for losing to Japan, when the only reason they were in that mess in the first place is because they themselves lost to Japan. If it's so easy to beat Japan that Spain had to lose on purpose, then Germany should have had no problems doing so...

Exactly what I thought. That's so ridiculous that I even didn't comment that..

Germany only needed 9 goals. Guess is not that hard as they could made 15 goals against Brazil.

They lost against Japan, tied Spain and now the fault is that Spain didn't beat Japan. :roll:

PS: karma means that something you did wrong comes back to you. What Algeria has to do with it?

Karma needs to come back to Austria, Argentina and Peru now. :lol:

Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:01 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 149  Next