It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 148  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Absolutely hilarious performance from Lahoz. He absolutely just can't stop himself from creating the most drama possible. Amazing how the biggest prima donna in football isn't a player or a manager, but a referee. You could have him referee a game of 11 Messis vs 11 Ronaldos and still all the attention would be on him.

By the way, there is absolutely zero chance Celtic can keep Juranović now after that 10/10 performance. He kept Vini and Neymar quiet all game while also being Croatia's most threatening attacking player. We signed him for £2.5 million :D And once again, Gvardiol was outstanding. This Croatia team are really looking more dangerous as they go further into the competition. If this team had Davor Šuker they would win the trophy. Unfortunately I can't see them going all the way without a great striker, it surely must be impossible to win every game in 120 minutes. That's 5 wins in two tournaments going all the way to 120 now. Incredible mentality but their players must be exhausted. Brozo in particular has ran something like 32km in 2 games.

Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:17 am

Great quarterfinals, rollercoaster of emotions. Magic Messi again, what a genius pass that was, no one else could pull this off. An incision to space-time, since he became the one with the most dribbles and most chances created at the history of the WC, surpassing Maradona. Scaloni matched LVG really good, most Dutch looked discouraging. Respect to Weghorst and his twin tower for changing the game (+ cool penalties), perfect free-kick trick by Koopmeiners, much bravery. At the end, I think justice was awarded.
Unlike earlier with Brazil. Incredible how the undisputed greatest team of the tournament for a second consecutive time misses out. People should never forget Brazil's unlucky elimination by Belgium in 2018 as well. France outshined the fact Brazil was again the best team back then. Neymar can't find his moment of glory, even after that sensational goal. Hats off to his sharpness, he realized the only way to beat Livakovic was dribbling past him first. It seems Europeans have caused a deep wound to Brazil's dignity, starting from Belo Horizonte. Sort of insecurity was clear, I think Brazil shouldn't be afraid to avoid their low-risk strategy, they're not built for this. Anyways I was really gutted with that outcome, WC is never the same exciting without Brazil. Let's see if these inglorious bastards of Croatia can repeat their 2018 triumph against Argentina. Coach Dalic was excellent yesterday utilizing the better of his alternatives depending on how the game unravelled. Timeless Lukita still running the show, a different yet wonderful incarnation of the no.10. Also common people aren't aware of the technical quality this team possesses. Me as well, I wouldn't bet at all they could reach the semis, but they are the ultimate dark horse after all...

Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:55 pm

Morocco made history as the first African team to reach the semifinal of the World Cup. Now I want Croatia vs Morocco as final. :lol:

Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:57 pm

Don't know why any club should pay even 5 million for Gvardiol, that "defending" is hilarious. If Messi (great penalty again, seems to be his main quality nowadays) can push you away like a schoolboy, then you should play women's football. I don't know if any team (except for us in 2002) ever had such an easy way to the final.
Since FIFA can't have Messi vs Ronaldo in the final I already assure you what country will have the referee on it's side (spoiler: It's neither France or Morocco)..
Edit: And the most annoying thing about that Argentina side. If they win, Messi gets the praise, not the guys who worked their ass of for him. If Argentina loses, then Messi will be the poor guy with the bad team mates again :lol:

Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:36 pm

Gvardiol should've held a press conference right there on the field to accounce his retirement after that last goal

Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:05 pm
Profile WWW

Maybe it's time to restore Messi's legacy. What he has done so far is inconceivable. Croatia was so jarring. They came too far only to ruin the party, like they did back in 2018. Didn't show up at the final back then and now eliminated the best team in a controversial manner. Argentina against Brazil would be the ultimate clash. Hopefully France gets the job tomorrow, sorry for the Marrakech warriors, but they better don't resist at all.

Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:14 pm

Morocco are just incredible, usually with these underdog teams they have just one area they excel in and that carries them, but they really look like an elite team both with and without the ball. That combination of skill and determination is just so great to watch. It's a shame we didn't get to see them at full strength for this game, but even then they really made France uncomfortable for large parts of the game. If they had more talent in the CF position then they really could have caused an upset here. Definitely the strongest African team I've ever seen at the World Cup and I hope they can get 3rd.

Griezmann was unbelievable today, IMO he's been just as great and important as Mbappé this tournament. BTW, what's your guys team of the tournament? Mine looks something like this:

IMO Theo hasn't been too great (he was awful against England and had some trouble against Morocco too) but I can't think of any other left backs that stood out too much. I'd also consider Bruno Fernandes on the same level as Ounahi and Bellingham, he had an excellent tournament. The player that surprised me the most was Mohamed Kanno, he was so fun to watch. 196cm but he was like a ballerina when he had the ball, he was so elegant. Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Japan have easily been my favourite teams to watch this tournament. I hope in the future we see more teams like this from Africa and Asia.

Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:50 am

I think the left-back who has performed the best is Davies but it would be difficult to get him into the team of the tournament. As for the rest I would tend to agree, I'm no fan of Maguire but he was outstanding. Other than him I'd put forward Saiss or Otamendi but nobody stands out too much for me

This is my pick, very similar but I can't ignore Modrić. To be running the midfield all the way to the semi's as a 37 year old is just outstanding. Otamendi has surprised me as well hes been solid all through.

Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:59 am
Profile WWW

I have the same issues with Theo, this has been a weak WC concerning the LB position..

Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:04 pm
Amministratore

Happy birthday Stuart :mrgreen:

Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:17 pm

Thanks mate ;)

Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:56 pm

Di Maria saving Messi and his country again. One thing I already bet is that FIFA will still give MOTM award to Messi later - just because WC/Golden Ball are not enough for their marketing reasons.
Anyway, outstanding performance by Argentina as a team - unlike France who play like amateurs. Even Pavard in his current form would have been better than Koundé and Dembele was pathetic as well.
What is clean though: Argentina won't win this cup because of a maradonaesque performance by Messi, they'll win it because of their fantastic fighting attitude.

Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:59 pm

what? :mrgreen:

Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:20 pm

We're so lucky, greatest WC final ever.

Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:48 pm

El Capo wrote:
We're so lucky, greatest WC final ever.

Absolutely.

Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 148  Next