It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 148  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Varane turns into Stam+Thuram everytime he faces Haaland it seems.

EDIT
The 6-3 doesn't count due to his injury midway through the first half :D :lol:

Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:34 pm

https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status ... 9277641729

Toby you legend!

Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:03 pm

Inter did what they could. There were some important saves by Ederson and a crossbar. I feel like Manchester City didn't even play at their full potential.

Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:58 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Inter did what they could. There were some important saves by Ederson and a crossbar. I feel like Manchester City didn't even play at their full potential.

I can't believe that Ederson is praised now for beeing headed at by Lukaku :lol:
Sad day for football, now we know how much it costs to destroy a sport: 2 billion Euros. Inter can be proud of themselves, too bad that Inzaghi made several wrong choices (subbing off Dzeko too early, leaving Gosens on the bench too long, bringing Lukaku in, etc) that costed them the title.

Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:00 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I can't believe that Ederson is praised now for beeing headed at by Lukaku :lol:
Sad day for football, now we know how much it costs to destroy a sport: 2 billion Euros. Inter can be proud of themselves, too bad that Inzaghi made several wrong choices (subbing off Dzeko too early, leaving Gosens on the bench too long, bringing Lukaku in, etc) that costed them the title.

I'm not referring to Lukaku's heading pass to Ederson, of course. Anyway, I agree that Lukaku didn't add anything. Manchester City looked a bit penetrable in the last part of the second half and someone else may have been more useful. I would've tried Correa even though he's been quite underwhelming in this season (not that we had other strikers in the bench).

Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:15 pm

Džeko got injured, you know that.

Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:24 pm

What am I reading? Lukaku is the best thing Inzaghi did. Inter didn't record a shot in target until his entrance. He is responsible for most of Inter's xG accumulation. He simply turned into his World Cup goofy mode. He stood very unlucky in some way. Inzaghi should have brought him in the game earlier for sure. Dzeko couldn't make an impact. From a tactical perspective it was a good final. City dominated the ball as expected but Inter minimized their chances by closing the gaps effectively. Although at the start of the season I wouldn't place a bet on Inter, I think they totally deserved to be finalists. They defend well but you can't call them a defensive side. What frustrated me is they wasted many counterattacks. They lacked composure. City this year were not as storming as previously. Squad quality was boosted but not at the expense of team spirit. This evening they obviously needed luck as well to make it till the end. However eventually I think it was a fair result. Inter simply had more underwhelming players than City. It will be interesting to see now if City's shirt gained some extra weight.

Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:50 pm

FanisJK7 wrote:
What am I reading? Lukaku is the best thing Inzaghi did. Inter didn't record a shot in target until his entrance. He is responsible for most of Inter's xG accumulation. He simply turned into his World Cup goofy mode. He stood very unlucky in some way. Inzaghi should have brought him in the game earlier for sure. Dzeko couldn't make an impact. From a tactical perspective it was a good final. City dominated the ball as expected but Inter minimized their chances by closing the gaps effectively. Although at the start of the season I wouldn't place a bet on Inter, I think they totally deserved to be finalists. They defend well but you can't call them a defensive side. What frustrated me is they wasted many counterattacks. They lacked composure. City this year were not as storming as previously. Squad quality was boosted but not at the expense of team spirit. This evening they obviously needed luck as well to make it till the end. However eventually I think it was a fair result. Inter simply had more underwhelming players than City. It will be interesting to see now if City's shirt gained some extra weight.

Agree 100 %

Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:55 pm
Amministratore

Lukaku the biggest clown in football history :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:34 am

Ranieri and Pavoletti, what legends! Back to Serie A, and rightly so. 8-)

Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:42 pm

Congrats, chief Doni, you're now as old as Maldini was against Porto in Monaco. 8-)

Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:22 am
Amministratore

El Capo wrote:
Congrats, chief Doni, you're now as old as Maldini was against Porto in Monaco. 8-)

Thanks mate. I was 16 years old in those days, time is running so much fast :cry:

Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:27 pm

Well due to forum's Italian origins I might need to share a relative story I just read about and messed my day up. So apparently Calcio Lecco came on top of Serie C play-offs, a prodecure of 28 teams competing for only one promotion place. Lecco is admittedly considered a small club and managed to knock-out bigger clubs to earn the promotion. Nevertheless their achievement might mean nothing after all. Their ground, tiny "Rigamonti-Ceppi", doesn't meet Serie B standards, so the League asked them to sign a new one up, but inside a time frame of only... 2 days. Lecco proposed "Euganeo" of Padova, 200+ km away, but League considered it to be out of time. It's obvious League's trying to accomodate certain conveniences. Specifically the intention is either to keep relegated Brescia or hand the promotion to the play-off losers Foggia, teams with larger fanbase and more power in decision-making boards. Even more Lecco might be suspended by Serie C. Well that's what you call a paradox. A small city around Como lake celebrated promotion to 2nd tier after 50 years, but non-competitive factors won't accept it. So frustrating...

Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:31 pm

FanisJK7 wrote:
Well due to forum's Italian origins I might need to share a relative story I just read about and messed my day up. So apparently Calcio Lecco came on top of Serie C play-offs, a prodecure of 28 teams competing for only one promotion place. Lecco is admittedly considered a small club and managed to knock-out bigger clubs to earn the promotion. Nevertheless their achievement might mean nothing after all. Their ground, tiny "Rigamonti-Ceppi", doesn't meet Serie B standards, so the League asked them to sign a new one up, but inside a time frame of only... 2 days. Lecco proposed "Euganeo" of Padova, 200+ km away, but League considered it to be out of time. It's obvious League's trying to accomodate certain conveniences. Specifically the intention is either to keep relegated Brescia or hand the promotion to the play-off losers Foggia, teams with larger fanbase and more power in decision-making boards. Even more Lecco might be suspended by Serie C. Well that's what you call a paradox. A small city around Como lake celebrated promotion to 2nd tier after 50 years, but non-competitive factors won't accept it. So frustrating...

This wouldn't be new in our league. For example, I'm sure FIGC would've preferred Parma or Bari in Serie A instead of Cagliari. And about Serie C, I'm surprised they didn't trouble FeralpiSalò.

Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:39 pm

What do you guys think about FIFA's plans to the Club's World Cup in 2024 with 32 teams?

Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 148  Next