It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 European Championship 2021 

So guys, as for the big tournaments in 2014 and 2018 I think I open a thread to discuss the current European championship 2016 (don't know why we didn't have one in 2016 lol).

Italy vs. Turkey is a pretty interesting match for a start and one of the few games where I actually support the Italian NT :lol:

Regarding the favorites I think that France is of course the biggest one, the other big nations (England, Italy and of course us Germans) as well and the eternal "secret favorite" - Belgium (whose "Golden generation" will surely do everything to finally claim a title).
Hopefully there'll be surprises as well but tbh I can't predict who can pull of an "Island 2.0" this year ;)

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:23 pm

Putting all the pressure of penalties on three very young guys was such a bad idea, especially when 2 of them had only played for 2 minutes. I feel bad for Pickford who made his team proud. Despite the result England can be proud of their achievements.

Well done to Italy, they were the best team throughout the tournament and deserve the trophy. Chiellini deserves a statue for his performances, what a legend. Donnarumma with the player of the tournament award too, amazing performances from him.

Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:23 pm
Amministratore

Congratulations to Southgate it wasn't easy to lose coaching such a good team.

Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:38 pm

Something that should be praised as well: Björn Kuipers's performance. Didn't let himself fool by Sterling's two dives, had the game under control for 120 minutes and prooved why he was chosen for this match.

27DONI72 wrote:
Congratulations to Southgate it wasn't easy to lose coaching such a good team.

If that clown would have actually thought about logical formations, substitutions and potential penalty takers instead of making retard WW2 comparisions after England's win against us they probably would have had a chance. How can you bench Rashford and especially Sancho for almost the whole tournament and then expect them to take the penaltys? Not even mentioning poor Saka, who was let down by some of his team mates (Grealish, Shaw, STERLING) as well. When he made those two late substitutions I expected him to take Saka out but no he gives the whole pressure to this young player, what is even more questionable considering that he was in the exact situation 25 years ago..

Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6