It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 2231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 149  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Trivelocco wrote:
Maguire + De Gea, what a duo.

I find it interesting that De Gea hasn't received any form of praise for his good games in the last years but gets immediately criticized for blunders.

I can already picture those cheap YT compilation channels posting sth like "De Gea Worst Mistakes and Unbelievable Fails 2022-23". As for Maguire, though...

Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:05 pm
Profile WWW

de Gea has the most clean sheets in the league this season and has saved our back-sides every game yet hasn't been nominated for TotS. The agenda is real.

Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:21 pm
Profile WWW

It would be interesting to see Maguire - Upamecano duo at the same club :lol:

Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:22 pm

Milos wrote:

What would happen then? Upa had two bad games now and suddenly everyone forgets that he was incredible at the WC and in multiple games for Bayern this season. Pathetic how many people (especially Bayern "fans") now load all the shit on him and ignore that he and MdL actually made that success possible by keeping clean sheets against Barca, Inter and PSG (guess taking out Mbappé/Messi isn't worth much after all). Our entire effort against City wasn't good enough, not just Upa :roll:
That's actually the good thing about our recent failures: They bring our fanbase down to earth and (hopefully) make some internet fanboys looking for another team to annoy. Our decade of dominance/success unfortunately made many people take it for granted while real Bayern fans know that this isn't the case..

Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:37 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Milos wrote:

What would happen then? Upa had two bad games now and suddenly everyone forgets that he was incredible at the WC and in multiple games for Bayern this season. Pathetic how many people (especially Bayern "fans") now load all the shit on him and ignore that he and MdL actually made that success possible by keeping clean sheets against Barca, Inter and PSG (guess taking out Mbappé/Messi isn't worth much after all). Our entire effort against City wasn't good enough, not just Upa :roll:
That's actually the good thing about our recent failures: They bring our fanbase down to earth and (hopefully) make some internet fanboys looking for another team to annoy. Our decade of dominance/success unfortunately made many people take it for granted while real Bayern fans know that this isn't the case..

It would be hilarious. I bet they'd crashed one into another at one point :lol:
None of them is a bad player, but since Maguire is mentioned in context of errors, Upamecano can be mentioned too. Never mind his qualities, he was disastrous during these two matches against City.

And I don't want to unload all my shit on Upa, for that I have defenders in my own club. But when one's errors directly led to conceding goals, he deserves to be mentioned.

Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:03 pm

IMO Upamecano and Maguire are both good defenders, they just also have the ability to turn into a clown at the wrong moment. With the right players around them they can thrive, as we've seen with them both at the World Cup. Unfortunately I think Maguire's time at United is over, although I think he can be a very good player at lots of other clubs, I would like to see him in Italy actually.

About De Gea, it seems Ronaldo broke his mentality in 2018, after years of single handedly dragging United to wins, he went from hero to zero during that World Cup. He can still have those games where he makes 10 incredible saves but he doesn't consistently produce miracles like he used to and his mistakes have become much more common, and he hasn't adapted to the modern way of playing where he has to leave his goal or play with his feet, he is the most traditional goalkeeper in the top 5 leagues. It was similar to the decline of Casillas: when your whole game is based around making those impossible saves, then when you can't do that any more, your weak points become more obvious. Still, he doesn't deserve to be in the same tier as those meme footballers, he is a United legend and IMO only Schmeichel was better for them, and only Neuer was better when he was at his peak.

Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:31 pm

♪♪OEEE, OE, OE, OEEEE
JUVEEE, JUVEEE♪♪
♪♪OEEE, OE, OE, OEEEE
JUVEEE, JUVEEE♪♪
♪♪OEEE, OE, OE, OEEEE
JUVEEE, JUVEEE♪♪
:mrgreen:

Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:38 am

Are Arsenal trying to sabotage their own Premier League season? :lol:

Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:20 pm

That's what happens when you don't trust the depth of your own squad.

Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:34 pm

They don't have any depth, is the problem. Saka is completely exhausted, Elneny and Smith Rowe have been injured almost all season, Tomiyasu and Tierney have injury problems too. Vieira has barely done anything in the minutes he's got. And some of their backups like Nelson and Holding are barely Premier League level. So they've had to rely on the versatility of some of their players to be backup in several positions, but then they have injuries in more than one position or those versatile players have been injured. It's just impossible to compete with City's depth. Look at the CBs: Arsenal have Gabriel, Saliba, Holding and Kiwior (a January signing that's played 14 minutes). White can play there too, but is also the only right back when Tomiyasu has been injured. City have Dias, Aké, Stones, Akanji, Laporte, even Rodri can play there. Laporte would be Arsenal's best defender and he's started 7 PL games all season because of the form of the guys in front of him. They even have so much depth there that they can just put Stones into midfield and he suddenly turns into Pirlo. Arsenal have maybe the smallest squad in the league. It's a miracle that they can even compete at all. Not to mention how young and inexperienced they all are, they've never been in this position. They have like 2 starters over the age of 26.

If Arsenal make some good signings in important areas (they've been linked with Rice and Mount, who would both be great IMO), then I have no doubt they can be right up there. City in the PL are like Real Madrid in the CL, even if they seem to be struggling sometimes you know that inevitably they will somehow win 15 games in a row and win the title. I think Arsenal can be proud of what they've achieved even if they can be upset about how it's ended. And I say ended, because there's no way City will fuck it up now.

Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:00 am

Don't know what you're trying to prove and why there has to be a problem. Arsenal moved excellently at both transfer periods and the proof for the success of their project is the giant leap they made. They couldn't have done anything more than or equally as City. I don't think the term "depth" is right. It's just quality and experience where City excels and it's not only about the defenders. Of course they are unlucky with injuries (City could face similar problems though) and certain players underperforming when they shouldn't. Obviously when you have to do with a competitor as mighty as City, you have to be more clinical in front of the goal and it's forbidden making mistakes like Ramsdale's yesterday. Arsenal should avoid shooting their feet just like last year when they concede three consecutive losses from weaker teams. I believe the team can clinch a result at Etihad and stay alive through the title race and wouldn't be afraid to state the opposite. Still if this isn't the case they should find some good lawyers to hurt City in a different manner. The end justifies the means. :P PS1: Martinelli leaning on the Soton player while he jumps for a header was very dangerous and I'm fuming he didn't get penalised for that. PS2: Ward-Prowse bent it like Beckham & Theo Walcott: a blast from the past.

Last edited by FanisJK7 on Wed May 10, 2023 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:47 pm

Hello there, guys.

It's been quite a while since I came around and all that, actually... But I had to struggle quite a lot with some RL problems and had to step away from many places and communities, even from football (not watching it as much as I used to, sadly). I can see many new names around that makes me feel quite nice about the forum and the work it's put in here all over the years.

The truth is that I've been visiting from the shadows (well, not really, because I always logged in, lol, but never made a response which in my head was a bit rude so doing this now...) reading, checking some players, remembering those times I was able to put some work and invest that time. I learned a lot during the process, which is really nice and since I remember no bullshit like I used to see in other forums during those years and glad to see that the community is still being that nice and not toxic as most of places on the Internet and as I said new names means it grew up a bit more!

That being said, I can't guarantee that I'll be back to activity or so, since I've been also away from PES (and even FIFA too) since few years but for sure I'll be checking on you from time to time. But for sure seeing some old mates names still active all around the forum puts a smile on my face.

Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:51 pm
Amministratore

Welcome back mate :mrgreen:

Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:29 am

Unbelievable how Tottenham collapsed during this final league push.

Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:12 pm

Inter almost flawless and great advantage for the second leg. Also, let's appreciate the shirt with no sponsor. :lol:

Wed May 10, 2023 7:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 149  Next