It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 2231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 149  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
What do you guys think about FIFA's plans to the Club's World Cup in 2024 with 32 teams?

A way to get more televised matches and earn more money.

Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:41 pm

Hi, thank you for keeping this website, now that PSD is down it's basically the only resource for information on older players. This information is valuable and needs to be preserved.

If an open donation link was provided, I would make a small contribution.

Also, if there is a discord for this website, let me know

Thanks

Akiak

Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:36 pm
Amministratore

Akiak wrote:
Hi, thank you for keeping this website, now that PSD is down it's basically the only resource for information on older players. This information is valuable and needs to be preserved.

If an open donation link was provided, I would make a small contribution.

Also, if there is a discord for this website, let me know

Thanks

Akiak

Hi, actually we were the only resource for classic players even before PSD closed :lol:

Welcome here :mrgreen:

Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:24 am

I fail to see why Lunin was bought.

Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:22 pm

A new Brazilian Championship title was given. Atlético Mineiro is now an official Brasileirão Champion in 1937.

This is the championship that now is also called Campeonato Brasileiro: https://pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torneio ... es_de_1937

Anothe example for those who believe Brazilian Championship started in 1959.

:lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:43 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
A new Brazilian Championship title was given. Atlético Mineiro is now an official Brasileirão Champion in 1937.

This is the championship that now is also called Campeonato Brasileiro: https://pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torneio ... es_de_1937

Anothe example for those who believe Brazilian Championship started in 1959.

:lol: :lol:

I understand where you're coming from and I kinda agree with you. The thing is, even Italian football had a similar situation given that until 1909-10 less than 10 clubs participated to the Italian league. And Genoa won most of its titles prior to that season.

Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:53 pm

Incredible what teams are put in pot 1 in the CL draw - no wonder that you end up with EL/Conference League groups at the end :roll:
Inter can call themselves lucky for getting yet another easy draw after having the easiest ever way into a CL final. And I better don't speak about Barca's group or that hilarious group B: Sevilla should advance there without any problem but I guess they still end up on third place somehow..

Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:54 pm

Group A: predictable but Manchester United hasn't done well in their last Champions League appearances. I wouldn't cut Galatasaray out.
Group B: Sevilla and Arsenal can dominate but I can also see PSV advancing while Sevilla goes to win yet another Europa League.
Group C: it should be easy work for Napoli and Real Madrid but Union Berlin isn't a team to underestimate, in my opinion.
Group D: Inter couldn't ask for a better draw. Either Benfica or Real Sociedad can target the second place.
Group E: I can see Lazio not advancing. They look superior to Feyenoord but we know how bad they do in Europe.
Group F: worse draw possible for Milan. They can advance but also finish last. PSG is superior while Borussia Dortmund and Newcastle may be on the same level.
Group G: probably the group with the most predictable first and second place. There should be no problems for Manchester City and Leipzig.
Group H: Barcelona first place and then Porto or Shakhtar second place. I don't think Barcelona will fail once again as they did in the last two seasons.

Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:09 pm

I can't see any team having a 6-0-0 record for this group stage. Hopefully some team(s) can shut my mouth up. :lol:

Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:41 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
We’re getting closer and closer to the meme timeline of Hertha vs Elversberg and Union vs Real Madrid :D

I am psychic :D

Not the worst draw for Celtic, another round against Nazio should be fun, we can take revenge on Atleti for 1974 and we have a good relationship with Feyenoord.

Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:51 pm

El Capo wrote:
I can't see any team having a 6-0-0 record for this group stage. Hopefully some team(s) can shut my mouth up. :lol:

Mark my words: City will do it, Barca should also do it :D

Quote:
Group C: it should be easy work for Napoli and Real Madrid but Union Berlin isn't a team to underestimate, in my opinion.

Of course Union shouldn't be underestimated but if Napoli (can't see RM doing it) really ends up third behind Union, then they should really question themselves. On the other hand I think Union should at least advance to Euro League although I cant really judge Braga. One thing that is clear though is that they still have the best stadium from all UCL teams :lol:
About our group: I think we're favorites but neither Gala or Kopenhagen should be underestimated. Great to finally play United again but I really wanted to get Milan - after all those years it's time for some payback for all those defeats..

Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:13 am

History was made today but not just that: Both our NT and also Serbia proved that a great team can still beat individual quality :)

https://twitter.com/FIBAWC/status/1700154802427060433

Legendary move, Andi Obst was truely on fire today.
@Milos: I expected your NT to be a finals candidate - but certainly not as an opponent for our NT :lol:

Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:46 pm

Booking my flights for Germany already :D This is the best Scotland team I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:23 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:

History was made today but not just that: Both our NT and also Serbia proved that a great team can still beat individual quality :)

https://twitter.com/FIBAWC/status/1700154802427060433

Legendary move, Andi Obst was truely on fire today.
@Milos: I expected your NT to be a finals candidate - but certainly not as an opponent for our NT :lol:

Congratulations to you and your country, you deserved the win and also congrats for (still ;) ) being undefeated.

Well, like Germany in football, my country is always candidate for the finals in basketball. Even though we came without many players, we were still able to show incredible team basketball and team spirit, and that sorry event with Simanić (so glad that he's ok now) only bonded our players even more. Even though Pozzecco claims that they should have been in our place, I think that we absolutely deserved to play in the finals.

So on sunday, let the best team wins. ;)

And also, I'm glad that the world got what they wanted from the beginning of the championship - clash between USA and Canada :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:02 pm

Hansi Flick needs to start learning Arabic, lol.

Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 149  Next