It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 2231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 149  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Koundé can call himself lucky to still be on the pitch - Ribéry was sent off for a similar tackle against Lyon in 2010 and missed the CL final because of that. Fantastic defending of Theo and Upa so far, especially the latter proves why he's starting CB for both club and country now.

Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:55 pm

France broke the curse. :lol:

Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:16 pm

Costa Rica - dubbed by many as the worst team of the WC after game 1 - beats Japan and no reactions here? :lol:
Incredible stuff today, their defense may be over their peak but at least they still have good chemistry there. While the result is good for us on the paper, I'm still not sure if I like it or not: Our team has less pressure against Spain but I think that it might have been better if today's game was a do-or-die-match. And even if we draw or actually manage to win against Spain, then I wouldn't be surprised if we end up losing against Costa Rica afterwards..

Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:28 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Costa Rica - dubbed by many as the worst team of the WC after game 1 - beats Japan and no reactions here? :lol:
Incredible stuff today, their defense may be over their peak but at least they still have good chemistry there. While the result is good for us on the paper, I'm still not sure if I like it or not: Our team has less pressure against Spain but I think that it might have been better if today's game was a do-or-die-match. And even if we draw or actually manage to win against Spain, then I wouldn't be surprised if we end up losing against Costa Rica afterwards..

I didn't watch the match but Japan apparently had good chances. Anyway, I never thought Costa Rica is a bad team. Maybe Spain is just that good this year.
Also, considering Belgium's debacle against Morocco, I can see them losing to Croatia as well and get eliminated early.

Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:42 pm

Okay as I was saying about Roberto Martínez... :lol:

Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:58 pm
Profile WWW

James9408 wrote:
Okay as I was saying about Roberto Martínez... :lol:

What about blaming KdB? Martinez has always been average but if someone with the reputation of beeing the world's best midfielder produces wrong pass after wrong pass and wastes lot of oppurtunities with that for two games, then he should be criticized as well. I'm a huge fan of that generation since they started in the late 2000s but it's interesting how many blame all of their failures only on Wilmots and Martinez but not on the players itself.

Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:05 pm

Of course it's a real problem that KDB has been playing awfully, but he's also the only player actually trying to create anything, and when literally everyone is playing awfully with no cohesion or motivation then there's clearly a deeper problem there than the players just not performing. Even Lukaku won't help, the attack is just dreadful, it's just KDB trying to singlehandedly create goals for Batshuayi with zero support from their teammates. And even if they go through they have to play one of the teams from Group E? They seem hopeless.

Amazing goal for Canada by the way, so happy for them to finally get that goal...

Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:15 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Of course it's a real problem that KDB has been playing awfully, but he's also the only player actually trying to create anything, and when literally everyone is playing awfully with no cohesion or motivation then there's clearly a deeper problem there than the players just not performing. Even Lukaku won't help, the attack is just dreadful, it's just KDB trying to singlehandedly create goals for Batshuayi with zero support from their teammates. And even if they go through they have to play one of the teams from Group E? They seem hopeless.

I think you misunderstood me mate, I didn't want to blame it all on KdB but like I already said I disagree with just blaming Martinez.

StuartBannigan wrote:
Amazing goal for Canada by the way, so happy for them to finally get that goal...

They're an incredible site to watch, we certainly should have them here with stats for the important players (same goes for the Saudis and Morocco btw). Davies is fantastic again (I thought that he might struggle after missing that penalty) but also other guys. If they become more effective, then that generation can be a real force in the next years.

Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:27 pm

Fantastic display from Canada this tournament, Davies is absolutely brilliant. Might even be in my TotT so far.

Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:04 pm
Profile WWW

StuartBannigan wrote:
Yeah, Germany are fucked lol.

I'd like to quote Frank Turner here: "We could be better because we're not dead yet." ;)
Pretty good game from both teams today, too bad that Musiala and Sané (who had good game) didn't make more from their big opportunities. Anyway, happy for Füllkrug (who has to start in the next match) and the team itself. Anyway, everything archieved so far is just the base, we got another big match coming.

Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:18 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I'd like to quote Frank Turner here: "We could be better because we're not dead yet." ;)
Pretty good game from both teams today, too bad that Musiala and Sané (who had good game) didn't make more from their big opportunities. Anyway, happy for Füllkrug (who has to start in the next match) and the team itself. Anyway, everything archieved so far is just the base, we got another big match coming.

Germany has to win and then Spain must not lose to Japan. I can't see that happening in any alternative reality, anyway.

Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:32 pm

Both teams looked so much better when they brought on a true CF, Füllkrug offered so much more in that short time than Havertz ever has, and Müller just doesn’t seem to be capable of bringing his club form to the international stage any more, what a difference from his first two World Cups to his last two.

Japan really shot themselves in the foot rotating so much (and I still have no idea why they didn’t bring Kyogo), IMO Germany will go through now because despite the result I don’t think Costa Rica are good at all and I can’t see Spain slipping up against Japan.

Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:37 pm

Watch out for Canada, and foremost USA, at the upcoming version (2026). Place your bets already. Hype will get real by then.
Sane's decision was devastating, Spain would face a glorious slap. Can't imagine what Flick thought Muller could offer as a CF. Fullkrug, what a strike! Loved it.

Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:40 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Both teams looked so much better when they brought on a true CF, Füllkrug offered so much more in that short time than Havertz ever has, and Müller just doesn’t seem to be capable of bringing his club form to the international stage any more, what a difference from his first two World Cups to his last two.

Japan really shot themselves in the foot rotating so much (and I still have no idea why they didn’t bring Kyogo), IMO Germany will go through now because despite the result I don’t think Costa Rica are good at all and I can’t see Spain slipping up against Japan.

Technically Spain can rotate a bit and go for a draw with Japan to try eliminate Germany that in said situation would need to win at least 2-0 to be safe.
Costa Rica though, as weak as they are, also have a chance to go through by winning if Japan loses. But again, I don't see any of that happening. :lol:

Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:51 pm

The worst mentality in history of mankind!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 149  Next