It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 148  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Milos wrote:
The worst mentality in history of mankind!

Just unbelievable....wtf were they doing with the high press??
It seems that tactical limitations and of course our mentality will cost us again

Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:36 pm
Profile WWW

Kolektivitet wrote:
Milos wrote:
The worst mentality in history of mankind!

Just unbelievable....wtf were they doing with the high press??
It seems that tactical limitations and of course our mentality will cost us again

And now as always, we'll have to wait for the result from another match. We always have to wait for a result from another match.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:16 pm

Casemiro saved us today. Militão was messy, while the Fred-Paquetá combo was dreadful. Bruno was a game changer, and I hope he becomes the starter CMF from now on. Maybe Telles and Ederson would raise our passing to another level, as the current GK and backline are struggling with ball distribution.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:32 pm
Profile WWW

I don't know what was worse today: Uruguay's tactic itself (what's the point of playing Darwin as a mixture of left winger/CF in the first half again?) or the way how de Arrascaeta wasted their biggest chance. Such an arrogant move, at that point he should have already understood that he can try such things against Brasileiro goalkeepers but not against Costa..

Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:57 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
the way how de Arrascaeta wasted their biggest chance. Such an arrogant move, at that point he should have already understood that he can try such things against Brasileiro goalkeepers but not against Costa..

Yeah, that was a total dipshit move. He is better than this. Uruguay came this close to equalizing with Arrasca, Maxi Gómez and Luisito, but it didn't work out, such a shame.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:21 pm
Profile WWW

Darwin always drifts out to the left side even when he's playing in the middle for Liverpool, he's been doing it all season, I think he even played as a left winger in a few games when Firmino was starting. Problem is that with Uruguay that just leaves Cavani all alone on the right side and he doesn't have the energy to cover so much ground any more, Cavani needs to just be poaching or playing as a central target man instead of having to cover the whole right side of attack by himself with no winger supporting him on that side.

Suarez is completely done at the top level by the way, he looks like an old man at this tournament. And Cavani isn't much better. Do Uruguay really not have any more promising players? It's just sad seeing them rely on these guys that are basically already retired. They look like they're ready to go back to pre-Tabarez days. Darwin, Araujo, Valverde and Bentancur are all good players, de Arrascaeta could maybe be good (hard to judge his level compared to the guys in Europe) but other than that they seem so mediocre. Even then, I'm not very convinced by Darwin, Araujo seems to be injury prone and Bentancur is only at Spurs starting to play very well, he could go back to his Juve form at any moment.

IMO Portugal look pretty good, certainly much better than I expected. If Cancelo and Bernardo can improve then they could easily reach the quarter finals as they'll likely play Switzerland in the next round. Also I was just thinking, it would be funny if Spain just threw the final game against Japan, as that would almost definitely eliminate Germany but also likely let them avoid Brazil in the quarter final, although it would set up a semi final against France. The top teams so far have been Spain, France and Brazil, and I'd expect the winner to be one of those. Overall I think the "lower half" teams have improved a lot (Morocco, Ghana, Saudi Arabia, Japan) while a lot of the usual "upper half" teams have been disappointing (Argentina, Germany, Belgium, Uruguay).

Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:00 pm

Van Gaal can try to make the rest of his roster play against Qatar to do the record of making all his selected players play the World Cup like in 2014 again and still would win.

Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:21 pm

Australia reaching the knockout stage with this team and in that group is IMO a bigger surprise than their success at the 2006 WC. Still feel bad for Tunisia though since they played very well in the WC (similar to Ecuador). Don't know what to say about Denmark tbh, I wouldn't say that they were totally horrible but right now they belong to the disappointments of this tournament so far..

Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:35 pm

Mæhle was completely lost on that Leckie goal, buddy forgot how defending works, lol. Sad I couldn't watch the game, but I'm happy that Arnie got the team past the group stage. Johnny Warren would be proud.

I don't think they can go much further, but they seem to have some good players. Goodwin has probably been one of the top aussie players since 2019. Souttar strikes me as a solid CB. Mooy may be past his prime, but he is a key member of the squad, alongside Duke, Leckie, Irvine and Ryan.

Btw, I have been taking some notes on Brazil and Uruguay matches, but I forgot my notepad at my brother's after we watched PT x URU. I'll be sure to post them in the future.

Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:43 pm
Profile WWW

Trivelocco wrote:
I don't think they can go much further

Imagine Poland and Argentina drawing and Saudia Arabia defeating Mexico. That would lead to a Saudi Arabia vs Australia match. :lol:

Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:53 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Trivelocco wrote:
I don't think they can go much further

Imagine Poland and Argentina drawing and Saudia Arabia defeating Mexico. That would lead to a Saudi Arabia vs Australia match. :lol:

Wasn't counting on that :o

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:56 pm
Profile WWW

Szczsny Golden Glove so far. :mrgreen:

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:59 pm

Interista93 wrote:

Well, that's not gonna happen. :lol:

Last edited by Interista93 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:45 pm

A chingar a su madre, Mexicanos. :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:05 pm

When you think that Ronaldo's penalty was the most laughable one yet - refs really proved it can be worse :lol:
If this had happened against Lewy or any other Argentine/Polish player=> no penalty, that's for sure. But as you would say in basketball: Ball don't lie!
Apart from that it was pretty one-sided match of course, tbh Poland would have deserved to go out for it. It wasn't just parking the bus, it looked like Poland celebrated the 10th anniversary of Roberto di Matteo's 9-0-1 formation..

Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 148  Next