It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 BECECÊ 1958-1963 

Name: Francisco Gervázio Filho

Nickname: "Bececê" | "Canhão do Pici" | "Seu Chico"

Club: Fortaleza (1958-1960), Palmeiras (1961-1963)
Position: *WF, CF
Side: LF/LS
Era: 1958-1963

Height: 174 cm
Weight: ???

Attack: 83
Defence: 37
Balance: 75
Stamina: 75
Top Speed: 81
Acceleration: 83
Response: 80
Agility: 78
Dribble Accuracy: 80
Dribble Speed: 77
Short Pass Accuracy: 70
Short Pass Speed: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 81
Shot Accuracy: 82
Shot Power: 90
Shot Technique: 76
Free Kick Accuracy: 78
Curling: 80
Header: 75
Jump: 70
Technique: 79
Aggression: 82
Mentality: 71
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 67

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 5
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 5
Growth type: Standard

CARDS:
P10 - Incisive Run
P11 - Long Ranger

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Middle Shooting

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO: Francisco Gervázio Filho, better known as Bececê, was a Left Winger born in 1936. Passing through clubs like Fortaleza, Palmeiras and Valencia FC, his main characteristics were his speed and his powerful kick, some describing that his kick was so strong who broke bricks from chimneys when he trained. He was top scorer and champion from Cearense Championship in 1959 and 1960, as well as being top scorer in the Taça Brasil (former Brazilian Championship) with 7 goals and having achieved the runner-up position with a historic campaign.

Last edited by Mikerdead39 on Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:56 am

Cool set!

Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:47 pm
Profile WWW

Trivelocco wrote:
Cool set!

Thanks!

Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:49 pm

well, the stats seems a little bit high for me.

anyway, the job is brilliant!

Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:02 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:

Thanks! I made them taking into account that these players were one of the best in the Brazilian Championship in their time. Bececê, for example, was top scorer and vice champion of the 1960 Brazilian Cup. This guy was top scorer in place of people like Julinho Botelho, Humberto and Valdo, for example. Even falling in an easier position in the competition, it is a team with merits. I didn't put in low stats, but they aren't spectacular either. But I'm willing to hear second opinions about some specific stats.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:22 pm

From the description I think he was more a player who scored with powerful shots rather than acting very close to the goal. In fact, you didn't give him high AGG. Maybe RES could go down a bit. ST on the other hand looks weird since he has Long Ranger and yellow SA. He should have at least high green. Regarding the rest, he has low MEN, COND and CONS. Therefore, he shouldn't be a monster in game.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:37 pm

Mikerdead39 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:

Thanks! I made them taking into account that these players were one of the best in the Brazilian Championship in their time. Bececê, for example, was top scorer and vice champion of the 1960 Brazilian Cup. This guy was top scorer in place of people like Julinho Botelho, Humberto and Valdo, for example. Even falling in an easier position in the competition, it is a team with merits. I didn't put in low stats, but they aren't spectacular either. But I'm willing to hear second opinions about some specific stats.

Yes. I see. Fortaleza had a great team this year, but it has to considerate how was the Brazilian Championship in 60.

The BR Championship, called Taça Brasil in that time was a playoff championship where clubs entered in differents rounds and played different amount of games.

I think Fortaleza played 10 games (the club that played the most this year) and Palmeiras played 4 games. There is no way to Julinho beat Becece in goals.

Also, like you said, Fortaleza had an easier way to the final.

I compare Becece with others wingers, for example Chico of Vasco and their stats are too close. They can not be that similar. Or Becece is too high or Chico is too low.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:47 pm
Profile WWW

Interista93 wrote:
From the description I think he was more a player who scored with powerful shots rather than acting very close to the goal. In fact, you didn't give him high AGG. Maybe RES could go down a bit. ST on the other hand looks weird since he has Long Ranger and yellow SA. He should have at least high green. Regarding the rest, he has low MEN, COND and CONS. Therefore, he shouldn't be a monster in game.

Yeah, it's really no big deal in game, the thing that's really scary is how hard his kicks are sometimes, but that's the accurate part. I will update with the RES and ST suggestions. About MEN, COND and CONS, I don't see a reason to change them, he really didn't have great consistency and fitness in his career. MEN can be increased a little, but for mere formality, in my research I didn't find anything to suggest that he was a tireless, fighter or anything like that.
RES 85 > 81
ST 74 > 75
MEN 69 > 72

What do you think?

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:50 pm

Bola Clássica wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:

Yes. I see. Fortaleza had a great team this year, but it has to considerate how was the Brazilian Championship in 60.

The BR Championship, called Taça Brasil in that time was a playoff championship where clubs entered in differents rounds and played different amount of games.

I think Fortaleza played 10 games (the club that played the most this year) and Palmeiras played 4 games. There is no way to Julinho beat Becece in goals.

Also, like you said, Fortaleza had an easier way to the final.

I compare Becece with others wingers, for example Chico of Vasco and their stats are too close. They can not be that similar. Or Becece is too high or Chico is too low.

I believe you are referring to the Chico from Expresso da Vitória, right? I saw his stats here and they seem scary to me, DA 89, TS 88, ACC 91, AGG 87, 85 ATK and 88 AGI, apart from the others with medium numbers. In game, Chico seems to be infinitely superior to Bececê, which I personally agree.

You're right about the Taça Brasil statements, I put the information as context, even because Bececê is obviously a piece of gum on the floor compared to Julinho, but still Bececê's numbers are impressive for the time.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:57 pm

I'd go even a bit higher in ST. I didn't suggest to change MEN, COND and CONS. I was pointing out the fact that even though some stats might look overrated, he has low values in those three. Therefore, he shouldn't be overrated in game.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:58 pm

Mikerdead39 wrote:

I believe you are referring to the Chico from Expresso da Vitória, right? I saw his stats here and they seem scary to me, DA 89, TS 88, ACC 91, AGG 87, 85 ATK and 88 AGI, apart from the others with medium numbers. In game, Chico seems to be infinitely superior to Bececê, which I personally agree.

You're right about the Taça Brasil statements, I put the information as context, even because Bececê is obviously a piece of gum on the floor compared to Julinho, but still Bececê's numbers are impressive for the time.

Exactly, I am referring to Chico from Expresso da Vitória.

Do you think that there is a big difference between both players' stats here? I think it is too close.

Becece's stats are also that high as you mentioned about Chico. I believe there is a bigger difference between Chico and Becece that the stats suggests. Chico was in fact a scary player, deserves those stats and Becece was only a very good player.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:18 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:

Exactly, I am referring to Chico from Expresso da Vitória.

Do you think that there is a big difference between both players' stats here? I think it is too close.

Becece's stats are also that high as you mentioned about Chico. I believe there is a bigger difference between Chico and Becece that the stats suggests. Chico was in fact a scary player, deserves those stats and Becece was only a very good player.

Yes, I see his stats as much better than Bececê's. Chico is good at practically everything a classic winger needs, while the only really good things that Bececê has are ACC and SP, which is all within the player's reality. Look at the difference in AGG, in passing in general and in Dribbling, for example, it's a big difference.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:24 pm

Updated.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:01 pm

Updated. I reduced some attributes that I saw were unnecessary. Bececê was more of a goalscorer than really a fast and skilled winger, so I left these numbers in a reasonable range.

Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:31 am

As I searched for information about other players, I ended up finding more about others, including this one. I found scorecards from several games and some of them caught my attention. From what I could tell, he actually participated in almost all of Fortaleza's goals in the main campaigns, something that is already reflected in the set.
Btw, what I found interesting is:
In the 1960 Brazil Cup games, he scored 2 headed goals against Moto Clube:

"22 de setembro – jogo noturno P.V
Fortaleza 2 x 0 Moto Clube:
- Aos 33 minutos Valter Vieira cruzou e Bececê fuzilou de cabeça para a meta do goleiro Bacabal. O segundo gol foi marcado por Benedito nos descontos do primeiro tempo.

25 de setembro - tarde de domingo
Estádio Nozinho Santos – Fortaleza 1 X 1 Moto Clube
Gols: Nabor aos 12 minutos e de cabeça aos 25 minutos do segundo tempo Bececê igualou o marcador. "

He also scored an Olympic goal against Bahia

"1º jogo - 16/10/1960
Fortaleza 2 x 1 Bahia: P.V
Gols: Benedito e Bececê - Xavier para o Bahia
Benedito abriu o placar aos 12 minutos, Xavier empatou e Bececê marcou UM GOL OLÍMPICO."

And in one of the games, he took a free-kick that according to reports from those watching and the match referee himself in the game, made the goalkeeper sink inside the goal.

"Bececê foi o homem do jogo, marcou dois gols. Para a imprensa pernambucana o goleiro Agostinho falhou em um dos gols de Bececê, o goleiro entrou com bola e tudo depois de um tiro de Bececê.

Louralber Monteiro:
Becece no jogo de Recife cobrou uma falta que o goleiro Agostino caiu com a bola dentro do gol
Pela a potência do chute"

From what I gather, his free-kicks seemed to be much more "powerful" than "accurate", and although 78 seems to be an okay number, I can narrow it down to 76-77.

I'm uncertain about his Shot Power, 90 already seems to make sense to me with the previous descriptions of him breaking brick walls and dunking goalkeepers lol, but what do you guys think?

About the headers, I will update from 72 to 75 to reflect his headers goals (I know he only has 2 in the records I found, but taking into account that the Brazil Cup is only a few games, it leads me to believe that he did them much more frequently)

I don't know exactly what is the minimum curve needed to make an Olympic goal, but it doesn't look like 73 to me. I was thinking something between 82-84, but I'll put 80 until I get second opinions.

I'd like to hear opinions on all of this, thanks in advance.

Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]