It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 AMÍLTON MELO 1973-1978 

Name: José Amílton Melo de Carvalho

Nickname: "-"

Club: Fortaleza (1973-1976), Ceará SC (1977-1978)
Position: *SS, AMF
Side: RF/BS
Era: 1973-1978

Height: 178 cm (more or less)
Weight: ???

Attack: 82
Defence: 41
Balance: 76
Stamina: 77
Top Speed: 80
Acceleration: 83
Response: 77
Agility: 84
Dribble Accuracy: 87
Dribble Speed: 79
Short Pass Accuracy: 84
Short Pass Speed: 74
Long Pass Accuracy: 81
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 83
Shot Power: 77
Shot Technique: 75
Free Kick Accuracy: 73
Curling: 78
Header: 69
Jump: 68
Technique: 84
Aggression: 82
Mentality: 75
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 72

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 5
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 6
Growth type: Standard

CARDS:
S02 - Passer
P15 - Free Roaming

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Passing - Scoring

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO: Amilton Melo was a player who played as forward, known for his precise passes and his short and quick dribbles. Considered one of the greatest Cearense players of all times, he started his career at Fluminense, with a Carioca Championship conquest, but it was at Ferroviário where he began to become a standout, winning the Cearense Championship in 1970. He had a brief spell at Atlético-MG until arrive in Fortaleza, the club that would consecrate him, where he played for 5 years and won 2 more Ceará Championship titles in 1973 and 1974. Afterwards, he went to Ceará, where he ended his career, winning the Ceará Championship in 1977 and 1978. In July 6, 1997, the now ex-player was murdered by gunfire in the city of Fortaleza.

Last edited by Mikerdead39 on Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:07 am

I think it is overrated.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:32 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
I think it is overrated.

At what specific points? I made these stats based on the fact that Amilton Melo is considered by some as the best Cearense player in history, and that he played at a time when Fortaleza was always playing for important titles, added to the information I found about him, mainly about being a good passer and an excellent dribbler.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:52 pm

Mikerdead39 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:
I think it is overrated.

At what specific points? I made these stats based on the fact that Amilton Melo is considered by some as the best Cearense player in history, and that he played at a time when Fortaleza was always playing for important titles, added to the information I found about him, mainly about being a good passer and an excellent dribbler.

Actually I think ths status distribution is pretty good, despites I though he was an attacker midfielder, not second striker.

I would only drop more or lesse 2 points in each ability and it would be perfect. I only think he is overrated, it is not that it is unbalance somehow.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:59 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:

Actually I think ths status distribution is pretty good, despites I though he was an attacker midfielder, not second striker.

He was, as we call it in Brazil, a "Ponta de Lança", playing behind the CF, with most sources putting him as "Striker", obviously referring to the SS position.

Bola Clássica wrote:
I would only drop more or lesse 2 points in each ability and it would be perfect. I only think he is overrated, it is not that it is unbalance somehow.

Hmm, that's not very specific, lowering 2 skill points would indicate that all specific skills are wrong, which I don't believe is true, we could come to a consensus that wasn't based on too vague things.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:13 pm

You highlighted in the info his accurate passing and quick dribbling. First of all, I can say that his dribbling looks all about accuracy and not speed. While orange value seems too high, green value for DS seems too low. I'd also say that decreasing DA, automatically TEC has to be lower as well since you rated higher DA than TEC. There are no mentions of him being a hard worker or a teamworker or having the ability to give the ball great effect. STA and MEN could go down to green value, TW can go down a bit too. Maybe CUR would be fine on 80.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:26 pm

Interista93 wrote:
You highlighted in the info his accurate passing and quick dribbling. First of all, I can say that his dribbling looks all about accuracy and not speed. While orange value seems too high, green value for DS seems too low. I'd also say that decreasing DA, automatically TEC has to be lower as well since you rated higher DA than TEC. There are no mentions of him being a hard worker or a teamworker or having the ability to give the ball great effect. STA and MEN could go down to green value, TW can go down a bit too. Maybe CUR would be fine on 80.

Updated.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:47 pm

Do you think these stats could be extended for his period at Ceará? Or his level drops after left Fortaleza?

If you think so, you could make the period longer, as he is an idol for Ceará too.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:30 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Do you think these stats could be extended for his period at Ceará? Or his level drops after left Fortaleza?

If you think so, you could make the period longer, as he is an idol for Ceará too.

It's a good idea. I only mentioned Fortaleza's time because my focus was to make it for Fortaleza EC All Stars, but you're right, he also played very well in Ceará and deserves the quote. Thanks!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:35 pm

Updated. I reduced the skills by a few points to create something more balanced for his level of play at the time.

Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]