CARDS:
S01 - Marauding
S04 - PK Taker
S05 - 1-Touch Play
P13 - Goal Poacher
P14 - Dummy Runner

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Scoring - Penalties - 1-Touch Pass

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO: Gabriel Barbosa, better known as "Gabigol" or "Gabi" is a Brazilian striker, known for his decision-making power, effectiveness and provocations on the field, in addition to controversy outside the field. Having started his career at Santos FC in 2013, having a lot of prominence and have been top scorer, in addition to winning the São Paulo Championship 2015 and 2016. He also won the Gold Medal at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. In 2016 he went to Internazionale, but without having space and scoring only 1 goal in 2016, repeating the same feat at Benfica in 2017. In 2018 he returned to Brazil playing for Santos, having a good campaign, being top scorer in the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A. In 2019, he went to Flamengo, where made history. In his first year, he won the Copa Libertadores da América (scoring the 2 goals against River Plate in a historic performance), the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Rio de Janeiro Championship and Taça Rio, being top scorer in all competitions, winning the Golden Ball Award from Placar Magazine, given to the best player acting in Brazil. In 2020, he started winning the Brazilian SuperCup over Palmeiras, scoring one of the goals in a 3-0. He also won the Recopa Sudamericana, Rio de Janeiro Championship and Guanabara Cup. For now, in 2021, he has won the Brazilian SuperCup, Rio de Janeiro Championship and Guanabara Cup.

Last edited by Mikerdead39 on Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:28 pm

Era 2018-2021 or 2019-2021? :)

Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:47 pm

GANSHOXD wrote:
Era 2018-2021 or 2019-2021? :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hadn't noticed it. Thanks, mate!

Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:51 pm

I think he is more like a free roaming (or even dummy runner) than a goal poacher.

Also, I would put 1-on-1 finish and take outside curve out.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:34 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
I think he is more like a free roaming (or even dummy runner) than a goal poacher.

Also, I would put 1-on-1 finish and take outside curve out.

I thought about putting Dummy Runner, as it doesn't necessarily need to be just one of them, but I decided to put only Goal Poacher because it translates very well to Gabigol's approximate position. About 1-on-1 Finish, from what I understood reading comments on the forum, it has to be a selective card for players who have the habit of winning a confrontation against the goalkeeper (like Ronaldo Nazário, for example), there is nothing of spectacular in Gabigol's 1-on-1 that cannot be seen in game by his Shot Accuracy.

Regarding Outside Curve, I remembered a goal he scored a few months ago against Bahia with the outside of his foot, he also gives passes like that sometimes. In addition to the fact that Konami currently gives him this ability, I don't see a reason to remove it.
I think what i can do is just add the Card Dummy Runner to it, but first I need other opinions on this topic.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:27 pm

1-On-1 Scoring just make it easier for a player to shot and score in such situations, it has nothing to do with dribbling around the keeper.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:40 pm

El Capo wrote:
1-On-1 Scoring just make it easier for a player to shot and score in such situations, it has nothing to do with dribbling around the keeper.

I know, and there is nothing to imply that Gabigol has this ability.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:48 pm

Most of Gabigol's goals are Aggression-maded. he often receives a low cross in the mouth of the goal (sometimes with the goalkeeper out of range of the shot) or dribbling a marker and kicking. There's nothing to indicate that he's easier to score in a 1-on-1 situation (even because he's hardly enter in a position like this) than it can't be done without the Card.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:59 pm

Mikerdead39 wrote:
El Capo wrote:

I know, and there is nothing to imply that Gabigol has this ability.

He surely has this ability... he is cold in front of the goalkeeper and ocasionally finish it covering up the goalkeeper.

He also surely knows how to use outside curve but what I meant is that this is not a habitual style of play of him.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:02 pm
Profile WWW

Mikerdead39 wrote:
Most of Gabigol's goals are Aggression-maded. he often receives a low cross in the mouth of the goal (sometimes with the goalkeeper out of range of the shot) or dribbling a marker and kicking. There's nothing to indicate that he's easier to score in a 1-on-1 situation (even because he's hardly enter in a position like this) than it can't be done without the Card.

Not at all. I suggest you to watch this video:

https://youtu.be/RmyquwDwMnc

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:05 pm
Profile WWW

He is a CF in Flamengo indeed but what most of people doesnt see that he is more like a SS style of play than a CF, but people often misunderstand it because of his great desire to score.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:10 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:

He also surely knows how to use outside curve but what I meant is that this is not a habitual style of play of him.

Yes, you're right, I think you can remove this ability based on how infrequently it happens.

Quote:
Not at all. I suggest you to watch this video:

https://youtu.be/RmyquwDwMnc

I watched it here, and honestly, I don't change my mind. the HUGE majority of goals is Aggression-maded, where he gets the ball in the face of the goal, and on goals that appear to be 1-on-1, there is always a defender in front of or beside him to try to get the ball away. You can count 6-9 goals where he is really in a direct and exclusive confrontation with the goalkeeper. I don't know if quantity is a criteria to define if the Card should be included or not. I would be happy to get the opinion of someone more experienced on the subject like El Capo, who commented on the topic.

Quote:
He is a CF in Flamengo indeed but what most of people doesnt see that he is more like a SS style of play than a CF, but people often misunderstand it because of his great desire to score.

That was one of the things that made me think about these days when I've been creating these stats. I compared his position with other SS's that are usually confused with CF's to make a comparison. Guys like Pelé or Cristiano Ronaldo, for example, usually always have someone acting in front of them in tactics (Benzema, Higuaín, Morata in the case of Ronaldo and Vavá, Coutinho, Toninho or Tostão in the case of Pelé). I decided CF because of his starting position, but SS is equally valid. I'll add the Dummy Runner card as soon as we decide the other questions.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:51 pm

Updated.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:57 pm

Does he often gets in 1-On-1 confrontations with a keeper?
If that's so, then I wouldn't give it because he has scored a good chunk of goals during the last years and sincreapparently has scored 6-9 goals in pure 1-1 situations, in a very simplistic way, it means that he often waste too many chances.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:52 pm

El Capo wrote:
Does he often gets in 1-On-1 confrontations with a keeper?

I dont think so, cause of the Flamengo's style of play. It is not common Flamengo playing with counterattack or with so many space in the front. Flamengo usually plays with the ball pressure the opposite defense very close to the opponent goal. I watch most of Flamengo matchs and when Gabigol is on a 1-on-1 situation I already expect a goal.

About the goal poacher... I know Konami usually puts it on his stats but (please correct if I am wrong) I think it is more like Adriano Emperor style (using the body balance), right?

Gabigol did a goal like this, actually the most important one, againt River Plate in the Libertadores final, but it is not his style.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next