CARDS:
S01 - Marauding
S04 - PK Taker
S05 - 1-Touch Play
P13 - Goal Poacher
P14 - Dummy Runner

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Scoring - Penalties - 1-Touch Pass

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO: Gabriel Barbosa, better known as "Gabigol" or "Gabi" is a Brazilian striker, known for his decision-making power, effectiveness and provocations on the field, in addition to controversy outside the field. Having started his career at Santos FC in 2013, having a lot of prominence and have been top scorer, in addition to winning the São Paulo Championship 2015 and 2016. He also won the Gold Medal at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. In 2016 he went to Internazionale, but without having space and scoring only 1 goal in 2016, repeating the same feat at Benfica in 2017. In 2018 he returned to Brazil playing for Santos, having a good campaign, being top scorer in the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A. In 2019, he went to Flamengo, where made history. In his first year, he won the Copa Libertadores da América (scoring the 2 goals against River Plate in a historic performance), the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Rio de Janeiro Championship and Taça Rio, being top scorer in all competitions, winning the Golden Ball Award from Placar Magazine, given to the best player acting in Brazil. In 2020, he started winning the Brazilian SuperCup over Palmeiras, scoring one of the goals in a 3-0. He also won the Recopa Sudamericana, Rio de Janeiro Championship and Guanabara Cup. For now, in 2021, he has won the Brazilian SuperCup, Rio de Janeiro Championship and Guanabara Cup.

Last edited by Mikerdead39 on Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:28 pm

Bola Clássica wrote:
El Capo wrote:
Does he often gets in 1-On-1 confrontations with a keeper?

About the goal poacher... I know Konami usually puts it on his stats but (please correct if I am wrong) I think it is more like Adriano Emperor style (using the body balance), right?

Gabigol did a goal like this, actually the most important one, againt River Plate in the Libertadores final, but it is not his style.

I think this is more related to the current "Target Man" in PES 19/20/21. The "Goal Poacher" ability makes the attacker not stay planted in the area, but makes him explore open spaces within it to receive crosses and score goals. I think his style is really a cross between Goal Poacher and Dummy Runner.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:26 am

Mikerdead39 wrote:
I think this is more related to the current "Target Man" in PES 19/20/21. The "Goal Poacher" ability makes the attacker not stay planted in the area, but makes him explore open spaces within it to receive crosses and score goals. I think his style is really a cross between Goal Poacher and Dummy Runner.

Ow! If that's it, it makes totally sense. So, I agree if goal poacher, it is his main characteristic. Even more than Dummy runner.

Actualy, I can say that he is being more dummy runner than goal poacher with the coach Renato Gaucho on the last matches, but lets see if he will continue like this.

He is missing scoring and started to being bothered with this situation, I guess... He is a bit egocentric, like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:57 am
Profile WWW

Most annoying player ever!! Great set :)

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:08 pm

LucasTheGerdMuller wrote:

Thanks!

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:14 pm

Why annoyng? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great set indeed... I'd like to see Bruno Henrique as well... Konami set is a shit for him.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:25 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:

Why annoyng? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great set indeed... I'd like to see Bruno Henrique as well... Konami set is a shit for him.

Thanks! I have some ideas for Bruno Henrique, but I need to review his games first.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:50 pm

Dummy Runner is for players like Benzema, Kluivert, Thomas Muller; forwards who're mainly moving around to make their teammates to exploit whatever gap the defenders make while they are trying to mark that kind of forwards.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:27 pm

El Capo wrote:
Dummy Runner is for players like Benzema, Kluivert, Thomas Muller; forwards who're mainly moving around to make their teammates to exploit whatever gap the defenders make while they are trying to mark that kind of forwards.

Exactly, Gabigol does it depending on the match. Sometimes for Bruno Henrique and sometimes for Pedro. It's all in his style.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:36 pm

Hey mate,

Do you still have plans to update this player?

Since I started doing players' stats, I learned a little about that and Gabigol looks actually very accurate here. I have just a few suggetions, as I watched almost all his games from 2019 until now.

I would increase a bit his response as he is a very positional player and quick on attack decisions. 81-82 sounds fair for me.
Increase his long pass accuracy for 75-76, he can delivery decent long passes during the match. Also, his shot technique can be 76. Mentality can also be increased for 71-72.

I would decrease his curling for something around 77 and his header for a white value. He doesnt usually position himself to header when the ball is crossing. He step back to catch some rebounds. 73 or 74 would be enough for him.

Let me know your thoughts about that.

Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:30 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Hey mate,

Do you still have plans to update this player?

Since I started doing players' stats, I learned a little about that and Gabigol looks actually very accurate here. I have just a few suggetions, as I watched almost all his games from 2019 until now.

I would increase a bit his response as he is a very positional player and quick on attack decisions. 81-82 sounds fair for me.
Increase his long pass accuracy for 75-76, he can delivery decent long passes during the match. Also, his shot technique can be 76. Mentality can also be increased for 71-72.

I would decrease his curling for something around 77 and his header for a white value. He doesnt usually position himself to header when the ball is crossing. He step back to catch some rebounds. 73 or 74 would be enough for him.

Let me know your thoughts about that.

Hello mate! Sorry for the delay, I ended up forgetting several of my sets on the site (due to personal assignments) and ended up not even seeing the quote :v

I agree about Response. About Long Pass Accuracy, maybe I need to refresh my memory regarding Gabigol from this era, but from the games I watch today, I can't see anything that supports that he deserves green numbers in this attribute. 71 is not bad in game and is even a decent number for a player of his level playing in Brazil, maybe a 73-74 could be appropriate btw but i would leave it as it is. Shot Technique maybe deserves a small increase even though I can't remember his goals in really difficult positions. He really deserves a higher Mentality, it's probably the most inaccurate number in the set, I believe he might even get a number like 75-76, he's a player who usually shows up in hard finals and tough games, what's your opinion on that? I agree with curling 77. About Header, I agree, I think 74 is a good number, he is not really a player who usually heads often.

I also have a question. I saw that in your set of Pedro, he is with Finishing 80. According to my interpretation of the players, I believe Pedro is a better finisher than Gabigol (I would put him with 83-84, maybe even the same number I would give to German Cano). Do you believe that my set is with an overrated finishing or do you believe that Gabigol is a better finisher than Pedro?

Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:33 am

I didnt increase much his mentality because he has temper matters, can be very unstable duting game. He indeed shows up in hard and tough games but, on the other hand, can leave the team in trouble with a red card cause of his temper.

I believe both are more or less equal in terms of finishing (comparing your Gabigol's era with Pedro nowadays). Pedro can compensate his accuracy with his positioning and his truly CF nature. I dont think Pedro is able to do a goal like Gabigol did against Santos in 2019 for example. At least not so easily.

Anyway, i believe Gabigol decreased his finishing when he started to play a little bit further from the goal (since 2022). It might be blurring your evaluation.

Cano can may be a bit more accurate in finishing than Pedro but not much, i would give him probably an 81 or 82 but he is way less technical and strong. An overall worse player.

Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:32 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
I didnt increase much his mentality because he has temper matters, can be very unstable duting game. He indeed shows up in hard and tough games but, on the other hand, can leave the team in trouble with a red card cause of his temper.

I believe both are more or less equal in terms of finishing (comparing your Gabigol's era with Pedro nowadays). Pedro can compensate his accuracy with his positioning and his truly CF nature. I dont think Pedro is able to do a goal like Gabigol did against Santos in 2019 for example. At least not so easily.

Anyway, i believe Gabigol decreased his finishing when he started to play a little bit further from the goal (since 2022). It might be blurring your evaluation.

Cano can may be a bit more accurate in finishing than Pedro but not much, i would give him probably an 81 or 82 but he is way less technical and strong. An overall worse player.

In general, I agree. About Gabigol 2022, I think he deserves another set, I think they are two different players (I am watching some Flamengo games, so I can work on one later, feel free to help). Gabigol 2022 is less aggressive. maybe with a slightly better pass and slightly higher stamina too. Uncertain about finishing, maybe it has decreased but it doesn't seem to be the case in my opinion, and he would be a *SS, AMF, CF (or CF optional)

Last edited by Mikerdead39 on Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:24 pm

Updated.

Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2