It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 EDERSON 2018-2023 

Name: Ederson Santana de Moraes
Nickname: "The Bull"
ERA: 2018-2023

Club: Manchester City
Shirt Number: 31 (for Man City), 23 (for NT)
Position: GK
Side: LF/BS

Height: 188 cm
Weight: 86 kg

Attack: 36
Defence: 88
Balance: 88
Stamina: 73
Speed: 70
Acceleration: 72
Response: 90
Agility: 76
Dribble Accuracy: 70
Dribble Speed: 63
Short Pass Accuracy: 82
Short Pass Speed: 83
Long Pass Accuracy: 85
Long Pass Speed: 88
Shot Accuracy: 43
Shot Power: 95
Shot Technique: 45
Free Kick Accuracy: 52
Swerve: 46
Heading: 55
Jump: 85
Technique: 72
Aggression: 62
Mentality: 83
GK Skills: 90
Team work: 85

Injury Tolerance: A
Condition/Fitness: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 6
Growth type: Standard/Lasting

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Penalty Stopper - 1-on-1 Stopper

CARDS:
S11 - Penalty Saver
S12 - 1-On-1 Keeper
S26 - GK Long Throw

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Defence-Minded

INFO:
Ederson is a Brazilian goalkeeper who plays for Manchester City. Born in Osasco, São Paulo (17/08/1993), Ederson started his professional career in 2011 at Portuguese team G.D. Ribeirão, in the Portuguese Second Division after playing in his youth for local club São Paulo F.C. and for S.L. Benfica. A year later, Ederson joined Primeira Liga club Rio Ave, signing a contract until 2014. On June 27, 2015, Ederson rejoined Benfica, where he would alternate between the first and second team, finally winning his spot as a starting goalkeeper in the 2016-17 season. On 1 June 2017, Benfica announced that Ederson had joined Premier League club Manchester City for £35 million, making him, at the time, the second most expensive goalkeeper ever. Ederson was immediately inserted as Pep Guardiola's first-choice goalkeeper and has played for the citizens ever since, winning five Premier League titles, one Champions League, one Club World Cup, and several other individual trophies, such as the Premier League Golden Glove for three consecutive seasons between 2019 and 2022. For the National Team, Ederson has worked as the second-option goalkeeper for Brazil just behind Liverpool's goalkeeper Alisson Becker; his debut for the verdeamarela came in a 3–0 win over Chile in a 2018 World Cup qualifier in October 2017. In June 2021, he made his major tournament debut for Brazil, starting and keeping a clean sheet in a 4–0 victory over Peru at the 2021 Copa América and on July 10th he started in his nation's 1–0 defeat to rivals Argentina in the final. So far, Ederson has played 25 games for Brazil, conceding 13 goals.

Ederson stands out as an agile and physically imposing goalkeeper, known not just for his formidable reflexes and shot-stopping abilities but also for his adeptness in ball distribution. His prowess extends beyond traditional goalkeeping skills; he's notably adept at maintaining possession and initiating attacks from the defensive line. This ability to swiftly distribute the ball, whether with his hands or feet, sets him apart from most goalkeepers; some pundits have gone as far as to say that "Ederson is the best goalkeeper in the world with his feet". Even when faced with intense pressure, he remains composed and can execute accurately both short and long-range passes. While he naturally favors his left foot, he exhibits proficiency with both. Because Ederson has spent the majority of his playing career in Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City side, he has a particular style of play, that compliments the positional play tactics implemented by the Spanish manager, similar to that of Manuel Neuer at Bayern under Guardiola, Ederson can be cataloged under the sweeper-keeper subcategory. Ederson also possesses one of the strongest left feet in the world of football; he currently holds the Guinness World Record for the "Longest Football Drop Kick", which he achieved after kicking the ball 75.35 m (247 ft 2 in) across the ground at the Etihad Campus on 10 May 2018.

Statistics up to January 2024

G.D. Ribeirão (2011 - 2012) - 30 games, -30 goals
Rio Ave F.C. (2012 - 2015) - 64 games, -74 goals
S.L. Benfica (2015 - 2017) - 58 games, -39 goals
Manchester City (2017 - present) - 315 games, -247 goals
Brazil (2017 - present) - 25 games, -13 goals

Last edited by Nacho1605 on Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:33 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:50 am

Nacho1605 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:
You just need to put nowadays GK in a higher standard to do passing stats, not comparing with old legends and put all them in yellow

But isn't that what we are doing? Ederson is probably the best passing goalkeeper in history, along with Neuer and Ter-Stegen, and none of them in this forum have more than 78 in any passing stat.

Yes. Thats why I questioned not your comment but the comment about put all GKs in yellow. It was just that.

And also, of course, GKs are better now and can pass but you cannot put Pelé running 2km per game playing against the others.

We dont even need to go that far. I bet you cant find a game which Romário runs to steal a ball of a defender like pressuring. Not even Romario style of play fits in nowadays game.

Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:54 pm
Profile WWW

GamingPass wrote:
In my humble opinion, the best choice is evaluate what We see, if now players need to have +90 in sta then it should be done because PES have his own limitations but is still the best emulador game of football.

About Ederson, He could have even reds in long passing, He send 40 - 50 meters range pass with a lot of power but I know is controvertial.

This doenst make sense. It is what you see in that scenarium.

Imagine someone creating Gianpietro Combi in 30s perspective. How good he was on GK skills or passing that time, not comparing him with nowadays players.

Otherwise you will have a ridiculous GK conceding 15 goals per game.

So, if a player had good pass back then, above the average in comparasion, he still have to have it above the average in a classic game, not compare him with nowadays players.

EDIT: I try to save some game carachterists though

Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:12 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
GamingPass wrote:
In my humble opinion, the best choice is evaluate what We see, if now players need to have +90 in sta then it should be done because PES have his own limitations but is still the best emulador game of football.

About Ederson, He could have even reds in long passing, He send 40 - 50 meters range pass with a lot of power but I know is controvertial.

Imagine someone creating Gianpietro Combi in 30s perspective. How good he was on GK skills or passing that time, not comparing him with nowadays players.

So, if a player had good pass back then, above the average in comparasion, he still have to have it above the average in a classic game, not compare him with nowadays players.

The problem is you can not make a proper set of Combi, because there aren´t too many videos, and the "Imagination" support everything, but the game, no.

it is what it is, and you can not change that to fit old standars. Is the natural evolution of the sport to make more athletes and improve physically, mentally plus the enviroment issus like the ball, grass, shoes, etc.

Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:23 pm

GamingPass wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:
GamingPass wrote:

The problem is you can not make a proper set of Combi, because there aren´t too many videos, and the "Imagination" support everything, but the game, no.

it is what it is, and you can not change that to fit old standars. Is the natural evolution of the sport to make more athletes and improve physically, mentally plus the enviroment issus like the ball, grass, shoes, etc.

There are lot of videos of Gylmar. So, Ederson is better than Gylmar?

Also, create Pelé with 40 stamina because he only run 2km per game in the 60s.

You probably believe Neymar is better than Pelé, right? Because of the "evolution"

Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:36 pm
Profile WWW

Well I know is not fair but is the reality, old players were great is the past, facing his own problems, that can´t be replicate in the game (enviroment).

And stamina is not the only thing to rate, there are other important stats like team work, mentality, consistence, attack, defense that old players can beat to the new ones. Those other stats are not decorative, and about Neymar, He is a world Class player, He is not a failure like Robinho who was compared with the king at young age and then couldn't progress (again consistency, team work, mentality issue).

Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:43 pm

Bola Clássica wrote:
Biondi wrote:
the fact is that modern football is all about yellow passing stats, every world class player has them, some CD even orange ones, to me Ederson, Alisson and Ter stegen can have yellow passing no problems, they are all crucial in tiki-taka; I know is useless in game to have a GK like that but they stand above everyone else

:roll: one more believing nowadays players are better. :roll: i would love to see allison passing a ball with an 1 kilo shoes, 20cm grass and a wet ball with 3 kilos on a rainy day.

Pls dont say that GKs dont have space for playing and passing too

no I don't belive modern football is better than old football and I'm not comparing Ederson to old legends, if you look at Ederson stats he has an average 83% of completed passages (according to infogol), that's worth yellow passing stats to me

Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:41 am

Again i didnt talk about ederson (i actually mentioned he is an exception).

I talked about all modern GK passing stats in yellow. It is a comparasion.

Edit: also it is no sense to take those stats as 83% as criteria to define stats. Do you believe GK has to delivery difficult passes? Do they have less space than midfielders which have to pass with 3 players surronding him?

Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:30 am
Profile WWW

Update:

Agility: 77 76
Short Pass Accuracy: 77 82
Short Pass Speed: 75 83
Long Pass Accuracy: 78 85
Long Pass Speed: 78 88
Shot Power: 95 94
Technique: 73 72
Mentality: 82 83

Open to discussion.

Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:36 pm

passing stats now are more realistic, I don't understand the shot power reduction tho

Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:59 am

Yeah, I was wrong on that. Already put it back.

Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:06 am

And just in case... Does anyone happen to have a better-quality picture of Ederson? I use 320x400 images on my sets

Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:08 am

Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:30 pm

Thanks Capo! That will do.

Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2