It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 EDÍLSON 1998-2002 

Name: Edílson da Silva Ferreira

Nickname: "Capetinha" ("Little Devil")

Club: Corinthians (1998-2000), Flamengo (2001), Cruzeiro (2002)
Position: *SS, CF, WF
Side: RF/RS

Height: 168 cm
Weight: 60 kg

Attack: 84
Defence: 35
Balance: 68
Stamina: 80
Top Speed: 84
Acceleration: 85
Response: 81
Agility: 83
Dribble Accuracy: 85
Dribble Speed: 87
Short Pass Accuracy: 77
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 74
Shot Accuracy: 80
Shot Power: 79
Shot Technique: 76
Free Kick Accuracy: 72
Curling: 73
Header: 79
Jump: 78
Technique: 82
Aggression: 83
Mentality: 82
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 74

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 5
Growth type: Standard

CARDS:
P05: Trickster
P06: Speed Merchant
P07: Mazing Run
S03: 1-on-1 Finish
S14: Quick Turn

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Tactical Dribble - Scoring - 1-1 Scoring

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:
Edílson had his first good moment at Palmeiras in 1993 playing alongside great players in a team sponsored by Parmalat.
Later at Corinthians, Capetinha started to show his best version winning several titles, including 2 Brazilian Championship and 1 Club's World Cup, being very important and decisive, becoming an idol in the club.
After leaving Corinthians, he played at Flamengo, being alongside Petkovic the most important players for the Tri-campeonato Carioca of 2001.
His consistency all over those years, secured him at the 2002 World Cup, when he was an important substitute for the fifth Brazilian World Cup title, participating in 4 matches, 1 as a starter.

Last edited by Bola Clássica on Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:49 pm
Profile WWW

Here are my thoughts for an update of this set.

Spoiler: show
Title: EDÍLSON 1998-2001

Club: Corinthians (1998-2000), Flamengo (2001)
Position: *SS, CF
Side: RF/BS

Acceleration: 84
Dribble Speed: 85

CARDS:

INFO:
Edílson had his first good moment at Palmeiras in 1993 playing alongside great players in a team sponsored by Parmalat.
Later at Corinthians, Capetinha started to show his best version winning several titles, including 2 Brazilian Championship and 1 Club's World Cup, being very important and decisive, becoming an idol in the club.
After leaving Corinthians, he played at Flamengo, being alongside Petkovic the most important players for the Tri-campeonato Carioca of 2001.
His consistency all over those years, secured him at the 2002 World Cup, when he was an important substitute for the fifth Brazilian World Cup title, participating in 4 matches, 1 as a starter.

Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:24 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Here are my thoughts for an update of this set.

Spoiler: show
Title: EDÍLSON 1998-2001

Club: Corinthians (1998-2000), Flamengo (2001)
Position: *SS, CF
Side: RF/BS

Acceleration: 84
Dribble Speed: 85

CARDS:

INFO:

Do you think the set could be extended to 2002?

Also, while I'm at it, Bola, don't you think you have underrated him a bit? Capetinha was fast, way faster than an 84. Take this clip as an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEE5NRz ... el=BlackRj at 1:30. Honestly, I believe his TS and ACC could be in low oranges, or maybe something like TS 90 and ACC 88.

I think you're right on his AGI, he was nimble but not agile like Juninho Paulista, maybe give him +1? About his DS, on the same video I linked above you can see he's quick on stepovers and run arounds. In fact, I'd say his high DS was his main weapon on 1v1s. Maybe 88-90 DS would do the trick.

I think the original SA + ST combo that beiderbecke gave him was ok, Edílson was a solid finisher, not exactly from wicked angles, but with great accuracy. I'd stick with 84 for SA and 82 for his ST.

IMO, his AGG could be higher, somewhere near the original value, maybe an 87.

I agree with you about the abilities + CON/WFA/WFF/CONS. He could have the Scissors Skills + Step on cards too.

Edit: I strongly reccomend adding WF to his positions as well.

Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:10 am
Profile WWW

Yes. Extend it to 2002 at Cruzeiro is fair. It covers his World Cup appearences.

Actually, the idea was exactly to put him in more realistic numbers. Beiderbecke's set looked for me overrated. After finishing my set I put him in game (PES 2019) which gives me an 83 overall. What seems good for me comparing with others of same position. Maybe 84 would be fairer, maximum 85.

I saw some videos in Youtube (including this one you posted) to refresh my memory and I dont think he was that fast. So, I directed his abilities more for dribbling than agility and speed. That looks more accurate for his style of play. He was more like a dribbler than a runner. What do you think?

Regarding dribbling I kept Quick Turn as card to represent it. I believe that together with 85 dribbling will give him the style you mentioned.

For the shot attributes, I lowered because I believe he is more an attacker aware/response/be in position than exactly a classic finisher.

Regarding WF, I dont remember him playing like that between 98-01. Did he play as winger in Corinthians? I dont usually add positions he played in other eras to the era Im creating. For example, Edílson played as attacking midfielder before this era but not during. Thats why I didnt add it.

Thanks for the insights. Lets see other opinions and try to adjust it. I believe he can be boosted a bit but not much. I always try to not overrated players here.

Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:10 am
Profile WWW

I created it and tested it. 84 is a good number for TS/ACC, sometimes it may not seem like it, but a player with 84 TS is fast as fuck in game. The set is very good indeed, great work by Bola Clássica.

I don't want to attack anyone, it's just an observation. The user Beiderbecke has many sets of Brazilian football and most of them seem to be overrated. He must have reasons to assemble the sets this way, but some numbers are really high.

Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:01 pm

Bola Clássica wrote:
He was more like a dribbler than a runner. What do you think?

Yeah, I think you could say that. A decent speed combo plus good dribbling and technique, maybe that's a better way to define Edílson's style.

Bola Clássica wrote:
Regarding WF, I dont remember him playing like that between 98-01. Did he play as winger in Corinthians?

Although he was mostly seen playing SS floating behind guys like Mirandinha and Luizão, he did play WF by the right a few times during 98-99. I don't know if he played as a winger for Cruzeiro or Flamengo. Thinking better about it now, WF could be added as optional.

Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:18 pm
Profile WWW

Trivelocco wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:
He was more like a dribbler than a runner. What do you think?

Yeah, I think you could say that. A decent speed combo plus good dribbling and technique, maybe that's a better way to define Edílson's style.

Bola Clássica wrote:
Regarding WF, I dont remember him playing like that between 98-01. Did he play as winger in Corinthians?

Although he was mostly seen playing SS floating behind guys like Mirandinha and Luizão, he did play WF by the right a few times during 98-99. I don't know if he played as a winger for Cruzeiro or Flamengo. Thinking better about it now, WF could be added as optional.

I added RWF position.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:54 pm
Profile WWW

He looks like a player with ACC>TS, and a hugh burst in first meters maybe TS = 85 but ACC = 90

Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:33 pm

GamingPass wrote:
He looks like a player with ACC>TS, and a hugh burst in first meters maybe TS = 85 but ACC = 90

90 ACC looks so high for me. Which player are you using as basis of comparasion?

Anyone can help regarding Edilson's speed and ACC?

GammingPass is not the first suggesting it.

EDIT: this video may help: https://youtu.be/LEE5NRzVSqQ

Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:48 pm
Profile WWW

First of all, i dont get the logic of using overall ratings as argument, as those overalls dont mean anything. Konami and EA just give their players an overall they find fair, and then calibrate the stats based on the overall, not the other way around. the quality of the sets should be determined by the set itself, not konami.

i like your intention of always trying not to overrate players, Bola, but i think you sometimes underrate them in the process by accident.i'd like to use Everton Ribeiro, Pedro and Arrascaeta's sets as examples.

in my opinion Edílson could stay with 84ts, but 85ds is too low. at least 88 for me. His acc is around 86 for me, but 84 doesn't bothers me. Hope i was able to be helpful

Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:30 pm

I extended set to 2002
changed ACC 84 to 85 and DS 85 to 87

Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:07 pm
Profile WWW

Overall rating should never be an argument to increase or reduce a player stats, specially when you consider the calculations change from game to game.

Either way, all speed stats are very underrated. I agree he wasn't the speed demon Konami make him back in the day, but he clearly was a fast player. He is more like a 87-89 range player for both Top Speed and Acceleration. Agility is also very underrated and should be on par with the other stats.

Mentality on the other hand is overrated. I always saw him more like a low 70s mentality player.

Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:03 am

In first meters He could surpass his oponents very easy, you can see that in tapes and in runnings, that is ACC issue.

Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]