It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Preben ELKJÆR LARSEN 1979-1986 

Stats made by: Interista93 and JeanMarc

Name: Preben Elkjær Larsen
Nickname: "Chefen fra Lokeren", "Den Gale Mand fra Lokeren", "Cavallo pazzo"

Club: K.S.C. Lokeren (1978-1984), A.C. Hellas Verona (1984-1988)
Position: *CF, SS, WF
Side: RF/BS

Height: 183 cm
Weight: 74 kg

Attack: 90
Defence: 43
Balance: 84
Stamina: 83
Top Speed: 88
Acceleration: 87
Response: 86
Agility: 81
Dribble Accuracy: 88
Dribble Speed: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 79
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 73
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 88
Shot Power: 86
Shot Technique: 89
Free Kick Accuracy: 68
Curling: 73
Header: 84
Jump: 84
Technique: 86
Aggression: 87
Mentality: 81
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 77

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot frequency: 7
Consistency: 6 (Lokeren & NT) | 5 (Hellas Verona)
Growth type: Standard

CARDS:
P15 - Free Roaming
S01 - Marauding
S03 - 1-on-1 Finish
S05 - 1-touch Play
S18 - Turning Skills

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Reaction - 1-on-1 Scoring - 1-touch Play

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:
Elkjaer Larsen was a centre forward or secondary striker, who could play also on the wings. His career began in 1975 and he played the first season for Danish team Vanløse and the following two in Germany at Köln but without much success. He transferred to Belgium in 1978 and played six seasons for Lokeren, scoring 98 goals in 190 league matches. In 1984 he joined Hellas Verona, where he became a legend and one of the club's best ever players, having scored 48 goals in 130 matches throughout four seasons and being one of the key players during the legendary 1984-85 Serie A winning season. He retired in 1990 after two seasons at Vejle in his native country. He gained 69 caps for Denmark, scoring 38 goals and taking part to Euro 1984, FIFA World Cup 1986 and Euro 1988. Elected Danish player of the year in 1984, he was also very close to win the Balon d'Or in 1985, when he arrived second behind Michel Platini, and 1986, when he arrived third behind Le Roi and Jean Tigana.
One of the best Danish players ever and one of the best in the world during the 1980s, Elkjaer Larsen was a prolific striker, very capable inside and outside the box. He was powerful in progression with the ball on his feet but he also possessed a great sprint. However, it wasn't unusual that he fell down in physical duels, probably due to his speed. Nonetheless, that led him to gain several fauls. His technique as well as his dribbling ability were incredible and his movements to the side to overcome his opponents were quite fast. His shots were powerful and highly accurate, either he shot from a favorable position or not, from the distance or with a volley. He was also an efficient header, gifted with good leap and timing of reaction. He wasn't just a great scorer though. In fact, he sometimes assisted his teammates by delivering accurate and fast short passes, especially when he was used on the flank.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by Interista93 on Tue May 04, 2021 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:14 am

Nice stats, but isnt a bit high AGI?

Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:52 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r6YYldSjvzU

DA is too low..

Thu May 04, 2017 6:41 am

Balance looks to high (maybe 86) and acc a bit low, he could surpass his opponents very easy (I propose 91).
Tech at least 86 very soft first touch and DA maybe could go ap to 89, very succesful dribbler.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 pm

https://youtu.be/UZ85YDEskAg

He was described as a very agile player so 80 seems to underrated. In this video he makes very good dribblings which seem to me more about quickness than accuracy, so maybe 89 as Artemds suggest is too much but 85-86 should be ok and he could have also Turning Skills as card. However I agree with him about BAL to be decreased a bit. His shot power was compared to Gigi Riva. I don't know how much Riva has since I can't see his stats but since I would give Riva at least orange value, Larsen might have 89 at least. He was also a player who loved the nightlife so could this affect a bit either his MEN or COND?

Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Interista93 wrote:
https://youtu.be/UZ85YDEskAg

He was described as a very agile player so 80 seems to underrated. In this video he makes very good dribblings, maybe DA could be 85-86 and he could have also Turning Skills as card. His shot power was compared to Gigi Riva. I don't know how much Riva has since I can't see his stats but since I would give Riva at least orange value, Larsen might have 89 at least. He was also a player who loved the nightlife so could this affect a bit either his MEN or COND?

I'm unfortunately not the big expert on him but since there's a lot of footage available, I would mainly rely on that and not on descriptions ;)
https://footballia.net/players/preben-elkjaer-larsen
Anyway, judging only from your video and this video here, I don't see any shot worth orange except for the one at 2:41:

IMO most of his goals were a combination of good placement, chips over the GK and headers, not of incredible force. He scored some goals from distance but IMO 87 is already good enough to represent that. On the other hand his technical abilities are underrated here, he could claim a boost there.
But as I already said above, if you want to make an overhaul on him, then there's certainly enough footage available to get a detailed impression of his playing-style ;)

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:23 pm

Updated.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]