S19 - Scissors Skills
S21 – Step On Skills
P03 - Trickster
P05 - Mazing Run
P07 - Early Cross

PES 2013 CARDS:

S21 – Run Around
S22 – Sombrero

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Tactical Dribble - Reaction - Passing - Side - 1-On-1 Scoring

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:

Dragan Džajić was born on 30th of Mai 1946. in Ub. His debut for Red Star’s first team was on 6th of Mai 1963. and he played a record 590 games scoring 287 goals in the process (305 of those were first division matches with 113 goals). As a player and captain (from 6th of August 1966.) he has won 5 Championship titles with Red Star (1964, 1968, 1969, 1970 and 1973.) and 4 National Cups (1964, 1968, 1970. and 1971.). So Džajić won three “doubles” as a player, which is also a record worth mentioning. He played 32 matches in European Cups scoring 9 goals including the memorable goal against Ujpest in Belgrade 1971, which was one of the most beautiful goals in the anthology of the Cup of European Champions. He spent two seasons in Bastille (1975. and 1976.) where he played 80 matches for the French premiership club. Then he returned to Belgrade and Red Star whose jersey he last wore in Mostar on 28th of June 1978. His debut in the national team was on 17th of June in Belgrade 1964. against Romania (1:2) and he played until 16th of September 1979. (with 85 caps) when he retired from international football in a friendly match against Argentina (4:2) on our “Marakana”. In 1979, very reputable and popular, DŽajiĆ accepted the role of technical director and achieved greatest success in the history of Red Star (Bari and Tokyo). He ended his first mandate of the club president, in difficult financial circumstances without an adequate squad of players with 2 Championship titles and 2 Cup trophies. A year and a half ago he accepted his second mandate as a club president.

As a player he took part in the World Cup 1974. in Germany and twice in the European Championships, 1968. in Italy, where he was the most deserving for winning the silver medal and 1976. in Yugoslavia. Slender, with a long step, elegant in his movement, incomprehensibly fast and with a filigree dribbling and shooting technique, Dragan Dzajic, even though he preferred his left foot, was a complete football player of a world class calibre. He knew how to trick the opponent in full speed, to wait for him to step on the “wrong foot”, leave him behind helpless and sprint towards goal. He would then shoot or, which he did more often, cross the ball masterfully bringing despairing fear into the opponent’s defence. He was known for incomparable free kicks that he often turned into goals. He was the winner even against the best goal keepers of the world. This, in short, is the profile of our, officially, best player of all times even though UEFA only asked to name the best player of the last half century. On 5th of June 1968. in Florence in a match against the overconfident England lead by Bobby Moore, Dragan Dzajic proved in a way that football can be an art. He fooled his direct opponent Wilson in his run, then he put the hardly beatable English captain Moore onto his knees in the 16 yard box to top it all of by tricking the stationery and dizzy keeper Banks, who saw the ball only after it was in the net at the junction of the goal post and the cross bar. Maybe just because of that goal and the direct win against England in the semi-final of the European Championships, Dragan Dzajic deserved the traditional Parisian “France Football Golden Ball”. However due to the prejudiced voting the award went to George Best because Manchester United won the Cup of European Champions that year and that was apparently the most impressive event of the year!? The legendary Franz Beckenbauer called the decision as “unfair, impudent and shameful”. Exceptionally talented, little “Firi” from Ub, started his career at Red Star at the age of 15, because he played brilliantly at a tournament in Valjevo, where he was spotted by the big clubs’ scouts. Six months after getting into the first eleven of the junior team he was moved to the first team. Dr Aleksandar Obradovic gave him a chance on 6th of Mai 1963, when he, immensely surprised and before turning 17, debuted against Buducnost from Titograd. Already in the next season (1963/64) he won his first title and became the leader of the new wave of the brilliant generation that won the title against the competition of “Big Four” 3 times in a row (1968, 1969. and 1970.).

Dragan Dzajic knew how to lift the spirit on the pitch and was always able to do it. He was a central character of hundreds and hundreds of official matches, number one hero when it was needed the most. In the moments of inspiration he was unstoppable. Even when he seemed unwell, he had enough strength to exhilarate the fans with precise and venomous crosses. Modest by nature and autonomous he knew how to bear the burden of fame. On the pitch he never left anyone indifferent but even his conduct off the pitch was fascinating. There are very few footballers like him, thanks to his father Kristivoje and his mother Vidosava who showed their upbringing in such a nice, decent and unobtrusive way. Stjepan Bobek, fascinated by Dzajic, always pointed out that he was the best of all and that he deservedly carried the aureole of the national recorder for two and a half decades. He played twice for the world selection (Rio de Janeiro 1968. and Paris 1969.) and 4 times for the European selection (Lisbon 1970, Moscow 1972, Hamburg and Basel in 1973.). The words of the Hungarian Floriano Alberto, after returning from Rio 1968. might suit him the best: ”We played very well Amancio, Overath, Beckenbauer, Marzolini and me, but we still owe something to the Brazilians. The only one among us that conquered the Brazilians entirely was Dragan Dzajic. The rest of us were just statists in his shadow...“ Extremely fast, strong, with exceptional dribbling skills, he perfected his cross, with which in Red Star uniform he brought to fame Vojin Lazarevic then Zoran Filipovic and also Dusan Savic. He lasted long, played a series of spectacular matches and was well acknowledged in the world. He could have continued his career in the mighty Real Madrid, the Spanish were after him steadfast but he didn’t go to “Chamartin”. He does not like to talk about that; with a kind sigh he remembers Bastille and two years on Corsica with the intention to return to his Red Star as soon as possible. In order for the story about our most prominent footballer not to sound entirely as a fable it is unavoidable to mention the moments when, as a captain with the intention to protect his players, he lost control, like in Jena in a match against Carl Zeiss, because of which Red Star probably lost a chance to qualify to the final of the Cup of European Champions. The Irish referee John Carpenter knew very well that Dzajic was not to blame for the incident but he managed to provoke him and send him off. Dzajic was not allowed to play against Panathinaikos in Belgrade and Athens, due to a drastic fine, because of which Red Star was suffering the most.

All in all, there is an obvious impression that the fate laid out triumph for Dragan Dzajic, not only during his player career. He was a winner because he was a footballer of humongous possibilities and achievements. He possessed something else much more important: he had radiated a fluid that affected the fans. He was a superstar that never displayed that fact publicly, in spite that even those who didn’t know anything about football knew that on the pitch and around it everything was dependant on Dragan Dzajic. He was aware that he could make opponents on the pitch disappear like with a magic stick, he could direct horrendous crosses and often threaten the goal directly even from a corner kick! On his debut for the national team on 17th of June 1964. he probably didn’t even dream that he will play his 50th match on 9th of Mai 1971. and that only a year later on 11th October 1972. in London against England (1:1) he would break the record of Branko Zebec. In only 8 years he achieved a unique deed and broke a national record! Playing for Red Star in just under two decades he broke a few records that are hard to reach and pass. As hard as it is hard to think that someone as an active footballer can win the same amount of Championship and Cup titles, without counting the joy he experienced in Bari and Tokio as a technical director or in recent years as the club president. There is only one and unique Dragan Dzajic! That’s why he lasts in football as long as he does.

Spoiler: show
VIDEOS:

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm

So who was better in FK, Džajić or Piksi? Or Kostić?

I personally think Džajić should be few points above those 2..

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:32 pm
Profile WWW

Kostić is below him 3 points and I think Bora is fair rated.. between Džajić and Stojković I'm not so sure who is better, maybe Džaja just little bit.. Piksi is on 91, maybe put Džajić on that level and reduce Stojković to 90..

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm not sure, I've always thought

1. Džajić
2. Kostić
3. Piksi

Maybe Kostić scored more free kicks but Džajić's free kicks were joy to watch. I'd personally go with even higher value...

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 pm
Profile WWW

Kostić has more relied on power in free kicks with some knuckle shot, like C. Ronaldo today.. Bora has knew do that before 50 years.. I've saw in some of clips about Bora and he just smash ball from free kick and ball get some surprisingly curve on the ball very hard for catch.. Piksi was more similar to Džajić, relied more on precise and prominent technical shot during free kicks..

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:46 pm

Ok, I won't insist. We can see few great goals in that video but many awful reactions of the keepers..What's surprising for me, is excellent power in those shots, not just curled over the wall like Džajić but also very strong kick...

Considering Kostić, believe me or not I've seen him also curling the ball over the wall like those 2..

Anyway this was just to see your thoughts about this..I still think I'll put Džajić in my OF on 94, I'm simply obssessed with this player and no help about that...

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:04 pm
Profile WWW

Primarily I wanted to show that Piksi had similar type of performing free kicks like Džaja and he was very successful in it.. IMO Piksi is far better from Bora in FK.. Džaja is maybe here the best, but Piksi free kick didn't had so much power like pure precision or curve..

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Understand, but Piksi's free kicks have muuuuuch more power than Džajić. In Džajić's free kicks there was almost no power at all, just fantastic curle and precision, similar like Halilhodžić and always from distance of 20-22 meters.

Meanwhile Stojković could score even from more than 30 meters..And for Džajić it was impossible to score from such a distance, max. 25-27 meters but for those on short distance he was genius...

Anyway tnx for this feedback...

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:20 pm
Profile WWW

Yes, he put stronger all those free kicks from Džaja, but want say all those free kicks were precise and with sense to score not just smash the ball..

When we are now around Džaja, what about RES.. he wasn't close to player who collect balls from penalty area and had some great reactions.. he had occasionally good positioning in the box but he wasn't so responsive.. he could be below Jerković here..

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Yes, but his positioning in the box was excellent, as good as quality centre forward. But unfortunately for his scoring record, he was in charge of crossing not scoring..

Anyway RES can go down to 81..Maybe MEN also, it wasn't one of his qualities. I'm not saying he was bad like Šeki, but 82 maybe can be enough..

And SP is hard to rate, sometimes those shots seemed very weak but on the other side he surely had stonger shot than Best...

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:35 pm
Profile WWW

Ok, thanks.. Updated RES 83 -->81, FKA 90 -->91, MEN 84 -->82.. SP could stay, maybe point lower but I'd stay with this.. in free kicks like you said he didn't use power, but sometimes he knew hit ball hard when he found space to shot from distance..

BTW. Lowered Piksi FKA to 90..

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]