It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 World Cup 2018 

Hey guys, as we had the same thread four years ago, I thought it would be a good idea to have one for the 2018 WC as well ;)
What teams do you consider as favorites on the cup? Who will be the stars of the tournament?
Russia opened the tournament with a 5:0 against Saudi Arabia. Beautiful goals by Cheryshev, especially the second one ;)

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:38 pm

I only hope that Lionel and Cristiano FINALLY have a decent perfomance in their probably last World Cup.

Favorite? None really, no one seriously gave a shit about Portugal in the last "big" tournament, and they went to win the EC

I'd stick with France.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:55 pm

If Egypt passes the group stage, Salah may be one of the stars. However I think Neymar has more chances to be the best player of the tournament. I also think Brazil will win the World Cup even though I'd prefer an outsider to win like Russia or Iceland (quite impossible :lol: ).

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Great goals from Russians, bad luck for Dzagoev though.

My favorites for winning the tournament are Argentinians, after awful performances in qualifiers, I expect them to show the real strength in Russia.

But most of all, I'm hoping that the biggest surprise of the tournament will be Serbian team. ;)

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Favorites:
* Brasil
* Germany
* Spain - Argentina

Surprise:
* Uruguay
* Colombia
* Croatia

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:26 pm

I believe that Argentina is in their third WC with same players like Mascherano, Di María, Aguero And specially Messi, so its the last chance to win the cup for this generation. So I think they are favourites because experience counts a lot in this tournament. Althought I want Brazil to be champion, I would really like Messi to win the WC, IMO it´s what separate him from being a player remembered by his titles in clubs from the "god" section.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 pm

Brazil has a renewed team, their coach has teached his style very well to his players, they are going to give fight, and I risk saying they can be finalists.
The case of Spain is the strangest, a lack of seriousness when facing this competition.
I hope that Guerrero demonstrates good things, there was a lot of drama due to his call.

About Argentina, we have some new faces on the team like Pavon, Tagliagico and Dybala that with Lio's experience we may have some opportunity.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:19 pm

El Capo wrote:
I only hope that Lionel and Cristiano FINALLY have a decent perfomance in their probably last World Cup.

Cris started with his right foot and gave us the greatest indivual perfomance from a portuguese player in WC yesterday.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:21 am

Great Cristiano Ronaldo's performance! Horrible Messi's one.. This shows how Ronaldo is better than Messi in my opinion.
Awesome Iceland! Very tenacious and fearless team.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:14 pm

77Catimba77 wrote:
I believe that Argentina is in their third WC with same players like Mascherano, Di María, Aguero And specially Messi, so its the last chance to win the cup for this generation. So I think they are favourites because experience counts a lot in this tournament.

:mrgreen:

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:19 pm

El Capo wrote:
Cris started with his right foot and gave us the greatest indivual perfomance from a portuguese player in WC yesterday.

Wtf? Every Portuguese born before the year 2000 will disagree with you about that. I mean, you have to be a very big CR7 fanboy to put his performance yesterday above Eusebio's performances in the 1966 WC (and yes, leading your country from a 0:3 to a 5:3 in the QF by scoring four goals is far better than Ronaldo's performance yesterday)..

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Damn
We were so close.
I feel we lost the qualification in this match.
I am very proud of my team.

I wish your teams make a good job.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:02 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Wtf? Every Portuguese born before the year 2000 will disagree with you about that. I mean, you have to be a very big CR7 fanboy to put his performance yesterday above Eusebio's performances in the 1966 WC (and yes, leading your country from a 0:3 to a 5:3 in the QF by scoring four goals is far better than Ronaldo's performance yesterday)..

Yeah, sure, cuz that North Korea was certainly a better team than this Spain and at the same time also considered a title contender.

Not every 33 years old player deliver a hat trick against one of the favorites to win the tournament, specially taking in count that this Portugal "isn't better" than the Portugal from 1966, as a whole (keepers, defenders, midfielders,forwards), right?.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:17 pm

artemds wrote:
Damn
We were so close.
I feel we lost the qualification in this match.
I am very proud of my team.

I wish your teams make a good job.

Que cuelguen a Cuevas!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:23 pm

El Capo wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:

Yeah, sure, cuz that North Korea was certainly a better team than this Spain and at the same time also considered a title contender.

Not every 33 years old player deliver a hat trick against one of the favorites to win the tournament, specially taking in count that this Portugal "isn't better" than the Portugal from 1966, as a whole (keepers, defenders, midfielders,forwards), right?.

That North Korea kicked out Italy (who were considered as a titlte contender), managed to draw against Chile (who were also considered as a better team), scored three goals against Portugal (who were also considered as better team) and lead 3:0 after 24 minutes.
But enjoy praising CR7, when it comes to the big games, he will let his NT down as he did in all of his previous World Cups..

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 216 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next