It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 World Cup 2018 

Hey guys, as we had the same thread four years ago, I thought it would be a good idea to have one for the 2018 WC as well ;)
What teams do you consider as favorites on the cup? Who will be the stars of the tournament?
Russia opened the tournament with a 5:0 against Saudi Arabia. Beautiful goals by Cheryshev, especially the second one ;)

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:38 pm

El Capo wrote:
artemds wrote:
Damn
We were so close.
I feel we lost the qualification in this match.
I am very proud of my team.

I wish your teams make a good job.

Que cuelguen a Cuevas!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jajjaj ya esta hecho, el equipo jugó bien. Sin reproches.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:35 pm

El Capo wrote:
77Catimba77 wrote:
I believe that Argentina is in their third WC with same players like Mascherano, Di María, Aguero And specially Messi, so its the last chance to win the cup for this generation. So I think they are favourites because experience counts a lot in this tournament.

:mrgreen:

Well, take a look at the latest WC champions and see how many players with previous WC experience they had (France 1998 the exception, of course).
By the way, it was time for CR7 to show something in the WC. Seems like experience counted to him. :lol:

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:17 pm

I'm surely not questioning their experience, :mrgreen: rather their "determination".

And yeah, what a clinical perfomance he gave us yesterday.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Yeah, they lacked determination. Seems they only give the ball to Messi and expect him to do something magical.

Cristiano, on the other hand, has a team that despite being technically weak knows how to play for him.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Iceland only locked itself in its own field, covering spaces and destroying every action on the sides.
Simple and effective tactic but that only shows that beyond that the team will not progress.

About Argentina, our coach is quite stupid at the time of choose the starting 11, Lo Celso should have played for Biglia, Pavon showed his quality in a few minutes; creative and dangerous if he has the opportunity, Willy is a very experienced goalkeeper but Armani comes from two spectacular years that would give a lot of confidence to the backline.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:38 am

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
Iceland only locked itself in its own field, covering spaces and destroying every action on the sides.
Simple and effective tactic but that only shows that beyond that the team will not progress.

I mean, look at Greece in 2004, it's a legitimate tactic, and it's not like they're lacking in quality in offensive positions either. Doing anything other than sitting that deep would be playing right into Argentina's hands, it would be suicide.

People also said that it was a fluke that they even qualified for the Euros, and they ended up making the QFs, and now won their qualifying group for the World Cup. Underestimating them is the exact reason why Argentina ended up drawing. Now that Nigeria have clearly shown they're the worst team in the group, and that Croatia aren't that great either, Iceland have a genuinely decent chance of qualifying for the second round. They're an incredibly well coached team, they deserve all the credit in the world.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:21 am

France: 1998 champions - 2002 out in the group stage
Italy: 2006 champions - 2010 out in the group stage
Spain: 2010 champions - 2014 out in the group stage
I have now a bad feeling for Germany....

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Vela, what a badass player he is when he decides to play for real.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Amazing match by Mexico.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN-OvZocXAw

Goal of the tournament! :D

Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:11 pm

In your face Germany :)

Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Awesome goal by Coutinho! However even Brazil had a disappointing start..

Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:57 pm

Neymar:

TW 26

Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:12 pm

I predict a final between Portugal and England. I know it's early after only one match but those teams, even though they are not so great, have Ronaldo and Kane who are able to change a match. Messi, Neymar still have two matches to show how much they can be determining.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:58 pm

Interista93 wrote:
I predict a final between Portugal and England. I know it's early after only one match but those teams, even though they are not so great, have Ronaldo and Kane who are able to change a match. Messi, Neymar still have two matches to show how much they can be determining.

Why do they need to show that? Both of them already did that at the last WC (also in plenty of other matches in their career)..
England will do the same thing as always: going to the round of 16 or the quarter-finals and then the tournament will be over for them..
Regarding our game yesterday: deserved loss, except for Neuer and Boateng none of our players was in form. But it wasn't a surprise to me, when you play with only ten Germans (I don't count that Turkish rat in the midfield) and without a coach (no Reus in the starting XI, Sané not even in the squad, Khedira instead of Gündogan, etc), you lose such games.
Of course Mexico was a bit lucky (Kroos FK that only hit the crossbar and Brandt hitting the post with his long-range shot in the last minute) but that doesn't change the fact that they were the smarter team yesterday and deserved to win..

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next