It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
 World Cup 2018 

Hey guys, as we had the same thread four years ago, I thought it would be a good idea to have one for the 2018 WC as well ;)
What teams do you consider as favorites on the cup? Who will be the stars of the tournament?
Russia opened the tournament with a 5:0 against Saudi Arabia. Beautiful goals by Cheryshev, especially the second one ;)

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Messi, Zidane and Beckenbauer cannot be compared anyway. :roll:

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:55 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
I understand thinking most of those players are better than Messi, but Zidane? I can’t see any argument that you could make that Zidane was better, Messi can do everything he could and more. How many players have scored 50 goals a season on top of being one of the best playmakers in the world? Not Zidane, that’s for sure...

No one and nothing can prove this but... do you think Messi would have ever scored so many goals in Italy or England? Messi does whatever he wants in Spain and in fact he almost always failed with Argentina. Remember also than Zidane won the World Cup and he did it in the 1998 not now that a lot of overrated players score dozens of goals every season against horrible defences.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:12 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
I understand thinking most of those players are better than Messi, but Zidane? I can’t see any argument that you could make that Zidane was better, Messi can do everything he could and more. How many players have scored 50 goals a season on top of being one of the best playmakers in the world? Not Zidane, that’s for sure...

Yeah, the great Messi who never managed to score a single goal in the knockout stage of the WC and who magically always disappeared, when his country needed him in the big games :roll: Zidane won his country a WC and was mainly responsible for bringing them to the EC final in 2000 and the WC final in 2006, when did Messi do that?
And regarding playmaking abilities: I'm a Messi fan but Zizou was clearly a better playmaker than Messi :roll:
It's not suprising that Messi won his only title with the NT when he had a real playmaker (Riquelme) behind him..

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:17 pm

Look at Messi’s teammates, then look at Zidane’s teammates. Pretty obvious why Messi hasn’t won anything, nobody could win the World Cup with teammates like that. I don’t even really like Messi that much, but his international career has basically just been him desperately trying to achieve something with a completely average team and even worse managers. The guy went into the World Cup with Maradona as a manager for fuck sake...

Besides, someone like Di Stefano never even played at the World Cup but nobody holds that against him.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:37 pm

El Capo wrote:
So no, Spain is not superior to Uruguay in this world cup despite the several " world class" names that Spain has compared to the "Three Musketeers" Uruguay.

And Spain is out even though they dominated the match.. I guess you're right. :lol:

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:44 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
TheGreatRossonero wrote:
I feel sad to see how the best player in history can not win a World Cup.

The best in history :lol: :lol:
Pelé, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, di Stefano, Zidane, Puskas or Maradona were all better than him..

I agree with you, messi and cristiano have never been protagonists of world cups, are far from these legends ...

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:50 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Look at Messi’s teammates, then look at Zidane’s teammates. Pretty obvious why Messi hasn’t won anything, nobody could win the World Cup with teammates like that. I don’t even really like Messi that much, but his international career has basically just been him desperately trying to achieve something with a completely average team and even worse managers. The guy went into the World Cup with Maradona as a manager for fuck sake..

Completely average team? Poor Messi, must have been horrible to play with Agüero, Higuain, di Maria, Mascherano or Rodriguez :roll:

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:55 pm

The only one of those that actually performed well for Argentina is Mascherano. Their names don’t matter, only how they actually play on the pitch. If matches were played on paper, then Germany would be in the knockout stages right now, Spain would have just beaten Russia and Iceland would be nowhere near the World Cup...

Anyone who has watched any of Argentina’s matches in the last 8 years or so would know that without Messi, Argentina wouldn’t have even qualified for the last 2 World Cups. Even just getting them out the group stages is an achievement for Messi, that’s how bad they play.

A telling stat: before Aguero’s goal vs Iceland, nobody had scored a goal for Argentina without Messi being involved (goal or assist) for 600 days. 600! And Aguero scored 0 goals in qualifying, and Higuaín scored 1. Without Messi they would have been on a par with Venezuela and Bolivia in qualifying...

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:09 pm

This argentinian "team" (was more like a mess) didn´t have any quality player in midfield, someone like Riquelme, Aimar, Ortega, Gallardo. Enzo Pérez? No way. Banega is a good player, but he used to play with Riquelme by his side.

Of course Messi needed better teammates. Without Xavi and Iniesta he would never be half the legend he is. But that don´t excuse him, because he played four world cups and did nothing in final stages, so no, Messi is not "the best player in history", not him, and surely not Cristiano Ronaldo.

And Spain, shameful elimination. How strange it would be one month ago a WC quarter final without Germany and Spain.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:22 pm

I see that there are people infuenced by an international journalism rather silly, who has given wrong information to the world.

Our national team brings problems since 2010, from AFA to the team.

Messi, the best of all time destroying teams from all over Europe and South America, playing at the era of the real football that I consider starting since 1990 before that year, football is professional, before that the truth that opinions could not be objective

We have to understand something, we qualify to this World Cup thanks to him, in 2014 it was like that thanks to him, if someone continue to respect us today it is for him, thousands of great players in history consider him the best.

Just finished a era of players, now we can work again because we have young players with too much talent as Dybala, Pavon, Ascacibar, Lo Celso, Martinez Lautaro, Pity Martinez, Icardi, Armani, Tagliafico, Kranevitter, Walls, etc.

Say a stupidity like a player can make only his team win is a lie, nobody plays alone.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:45 pm

If Uruguay plays "anti-football", then what play these shitty Germany and Spain with their never-ending passing between the back four? :roll:

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:40 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
I see that there are people infuenced by an international journalism rather silly, who has given wrong information to the world.

Our national team brings problems since 2010, from AFA to the team.

Messi, the best of all time destroying teams from all over Europe and South America, playing at the era of the real football that I consider starting since 1990 before that year, football is professional, before that the truth that opinions could not be objective

We have to understand something, we qualify to this World Cup thanks to him, in 2014 it was like that thanks to him, if someone continue to respect us today it is for him, thousands of great players in history consider him the best.

Just finished a era of players, now we can work again because we have young players with too much talent as Dybala, Pavon, Ascacibar, Lo Celso, Martinez Lautaro, Pity Martinez, Icardi, Armani, Tagliafico, Kranevitter, Walls, etc.

Say a stupidity like a player can make only his team win is a lie, nobody plays alone.

Wow, I've never read so much dumb bullshit in one post :roll:

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:09 pm
Amministratore

Messi isn't even the best of his generation.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:30 pm

Your opinion doesnt have any worth, when you said that Puskas was better than Messi, that was enough to verify what kind of users are on the internet giving their thoughts about football.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:43 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
Your opinion doesnt have any worth, when you said that Puskas was better than Messi, that was enough to verify what kind of users are on the internet giving their thoughts about football.

What I think is that a player who shows his skills in more teams and countries can be considered as a legend. For example Ibrahimovic has been a key player in Netherlands, Italy, France and scored enough goals even in Spain despite not having had a good season. He is probably the best or one of the best attackers Sweden ever had even though Sweden national team hasn't been great in the last two decades. Do you think Messi is better than Maradona, Batistuta, Kempes or Di Stefano? I also think that years ago the players used to fight to win a ball, to reach the opponents' area. Now I mostly see players who act like wimps, falling down as they are made of feathers. I would add also that football nowadays is invaded by corruption and lots of players score a lot of goals because "they have to", if you all understand what I mean.

Last edited by Interista93 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next