It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Edin DŽEKO 2008-2011 & 2016-2019 

Stats by Milos and gurkenjoe93

Era: 2008-2011

Name: Edin Džeko

Nickname: "Bosanski Dijamant" (Bosnian Diamond)

Club: VfL Wolfsburg
Number: 9
Position: *CF
Side: RF/BS

Height: 193 cm
Weight: 84 kg

Attack: 91
Defence: 37
Balance: 88
Stamina: 81
Top Speed: 82
Acceleration: 79
Response: 89
Agility: 77
Dribble Accuracy: 82
Dribble Speed: 76
Short Pass Accuracy: 79
Short Pass Speed: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 72
Long Pass Speed: 71
Shot Accuracy: 88
Shot Power: 84
Shot Technique: 85
Free Kick Accuracy: 64
Curling: 73
Header: 88
Jump: 81
Technique: 85
Aggression: 92
Mentality: 80
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 79

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 7
Consistency: 6
Growth Type: Standard

CARDS:

P13 - Goal Poacher
P19 - Fox In The Box
S01 - Marauding
S03 - 1-on-1 Finish
S05 - 1-Touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Reaction - Positioning - Scoring - 1-on-1 Scoring

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Attack-Minded

Era: 2016-2019

Name: Edin Džeko

Nickname: "Bosanski Dijamant" (Bosnian Diamond)

Club: AS Roma
Number: 9
Position: *CF
Side: RF/BS

Height: 193 cm
Weight: 84 kg

Attack: 93
Defence: 32
Balance: 91
Stamina: 76
Top Speed: 77
Acceleration: 75
Response: 89
Agility: 71
Dribble Accuracy: 82
Dribble Speed: 72
Short Pass Accuracy: 77
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 74
Long Pass Speed: 73
Shot Accuracy: 91
Shot Power: 83
Shot Technique: 88
Free Kick Accuracy: 65
Curling: 75
Header: 89
Jump: 77
Technique: 87
Aggression: 90
Mentality: 79
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 78

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 8
Weak Foot Frequency: 7
Consistency: 6
Growth Type: Standard

CARDS:

P13 - Goal Poacher
P19 - Fox In The Box
S01 - Marauding
S03 - 1-on-1 Finish
S05 - 1-Touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Reaction - Positioning - Scoring – Post Player - 1-on-1 Scoring

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Attack-Minded

INFOS:

Edin Džeko is the great strikers and one of the best ever that came from Bosnia (including the time when Bosnia was the part of Yugoslavia). He was an anonymous striker when he was playing for Teplice, but when he arrived in Wolfsburg, his game improved drastically. He helped Wolfsburg to win their first and to this day only Bundesliga title in their history. He and Grafite formed to this day the most prolific attacking duo in Bundesliga history together scoring 54 goals in one season. He is the top scorer in Wolfsburg history. He moved to Manchester City in 2011 and with them won two Premier League titles. In 2015 he joined Roma on loan, and then on permanent deal. After his disappointing first season, he returned to his previous form and became Serie A top scorer 2016-17 season scoring 29 goals. With Roma, he reached the Champions League semi-finals in 2017-18 season.
He is known by his excellent attacking movements, sense for the goal, and extremely precise shots with both feet. He's admirable in the air thanks to his strenght and heading ability, even though he didn't have impressive leap. His passing ability is good for a striker which is reflected in numerous assist for his teammates, especially during his time in Wolfsburg.
He played for Bosnia and Herzegovina NT for 12 years and he scored 55 goals and he is their top scorer ever. He represented his country at the 2014 World Cup.

Last edited by Milos on Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:04 am

General update.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:43 pm

Same pic, but without getty's annoying logo.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:52 am

Thanks, changed picture...I don't know how to remove that logo prom pictures.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:00 am

First: Find your desired picture on getty, like this:
Spoiler: show

Click on "Embed", and you'll find this:
Spoiler: show

There, you are gonna do this: add another pic to that 5-pic selection, and temporarily remove your "desired" pic, as for now, you won't be able to properly use, then click again on your desired pic (which should appear on the top Left of that pool of images), and with the right click of your mouse, either open you selected pic on a new tab, or download it to your PC/Device or whatever you're using.

Then you are ready to go :)

EDIT:

I'll tell you what: For these players post 2010, you should find some pics on Zimbio, which is better because they already own high quality pics from getty images, without that annoying logo, only use getty as a last resort.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:43 am

Are you sure about his COND value for his Roma set, I'm pretty hesistent to give these values if the player haven't prove been capable to show his full skillset in a regular basis. I'm a regular Serie A viewer and at least in my eyes I can't see how Edin can sit his cond in 7.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:16 am

It's totally based on minutes played.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:55 am

He is too close to Lewandowsky in attack.
I never felt he deserves more than 89, considering the crap defenses in current Calcio(with his exceptions)

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:04 am

Thank Capo for the advice, I'll correct other pics in my posts too.

Quote:
Are you sure about his COND value for his Roma set, I'm pretty hesistent to give these values if the player haven't prove been capable to show his full skillset in a regular basis. I'm a regular Serie A viewer and at least in my eyes I can't see how Edin can sit his cond in 7.

Regarding COND, Capo is right, I always give the value based on number of games player has played during the season. However, his level of performance is shown with CONS.

Quote:
He is too close to Lewandowsky in attack.
I never felt he deserves more than 89, considering the crap defenses in current Calcio(with his exceptions)

Not for me, IMO he's excellent in that aspect. Also he had great performances in European games. Overall, I think Lewa is better striker than him of course. Maybe ATT can be lowered by point but not necessarily. And I think that Lewandowski should have red ATT.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:29 am

It's tricky, because after PES 6, Konami mixed both COND and CONS into a single stat starting from PES 2008 (even at PES 6, you couldn't edit CONS without a OF reader).

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:47 am

Yes it is tricky, but since on this forum those two attributes are separated, it's easier and i think more accurate to rate the player this way.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:46 am

Not really, the problem with this high values, really come when they make players so OP in a regular basis playing. I wasn't able to see Dzeko been able to deploy his full skillset in a huge porcent of matches to be worth of these highs. I was thinking something likw COND 6 CONS 5.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:11 pm

I disagree how CONS/COND is rated here, players can score even when playing like shit, especially super predators like Dzeko. He does not actually need to be playing well in any other way during a match and he ends up scoring simply by being in the right place. Not sure if this holds true to the latest PES games, but form arrows always gave a % boost or deduction to many stats, so ideally players should be on green arrow to give 1:1 representation of their stats. But if you give a player high form then he will more often be orange/red arrow and consistently playing beyond his base stats. I think the there's should be a change in how this work, the idea of no gift high cond/cond is to be limiting with form as to better mimic real world players and how they often enter/exit patches of form.
Players with godly stats are already that in PES, gods. Someone find dzeko him under powered in PES during a tournament/league run?

The Form 8 should be pretty rare, just as rare as a 95-99 Attack/SPA/Technique etc. would be, at least in PES it does translate to really overpowered players. Really Konami went too extreme in how much Red and Grey arrows impact players, factor in that when your team wins games there tends to be a net benefit to the form of all players on the team, and if they have high Form stat individually it all gets compounded, yet in real life top teams dominate leagues but for a variety of reasons players are sub-par (blue arrow) for weeks at a time.
For strikers yes scoring is a big thing, but if a player has stats in areas that would indicate they do more than just score tap ins (Inzaghi vs Dzeko who has very good dribbling stats, passing, touch) I would say he is under performing considering the set as a whole if scores a header and a penalty but did little to justify those dribbling/speed values. PES strikers like Dzeko, Lewandoski, Cavani, Higuain with the stats they have will score on blue arrow, below their regular level of play. Sometimes I
play great strikers with grey arrows as I do not look like the substitute option or I am trying to keep a historical XI as constant starters barring serious injury, and they will be useless dribbling,passing,hold up play etc. - but in some games they still manage to score or do something of worth due to their 90+ key stats, sometimes its good Attack, BB and Header on a corner and sometimes I include a freekick master or LPA/LPS/Curling master as even on grey arrow he will still be my best set-piece shooter or supplier.
Its a bit subjective I think, as with many things regarding football. People will see the exact same match/performance and have two different narratives and even with hard numbers different people will attribute different causes to statistical entries. It's just watching a good chunk of matches of the player and seeing how often he is meeting the stats that represent him, if he is under performing, then either the Form should be lowered to better replicate him, or if it is a specific area then the stats can be lowered instead.
Yeah I understand nominally strikers are there to score, and on the surface of 30 goals vs 20 is better, but it can get complicated.. there are instances when a team could play better as a whole if they are not in service of a lone star super striker who demands a certain style to be serviced, cases like current Benzema and Mandzukic are examples of non-prolific forwards who by their effective application of their style improve the team arguably as much as a prolific forward who can be dead weight for 85 mins in match. Yes there is the argument that these prolific special players are the ones who can unlock a tight game in a moment of brilliance, and you will miss out with others on such moments.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:34 pm

I already pointed out how I rate COND/CONS values. The moment everybody here on the forum agrees to remove CONS value from player stats, I'll start changing COND values for my players.
Regarding form arrows, players of whatever quality (especially, the slow ones) are playing as crap with grey arrow, at least for me and my mates.

Quote:
Really Konami went too extreme in how much Red and Grey arrows impact players, factor in that when your team wins games there tends to be a net benefit to the form of all players on the team, and if they have high Form stat individually it all gets compounded, yet in real life top teams dominate leagues but for a variety of reasons players are sub-par (blue arrow) for weeks at a time.

Then, you should write to Konami.

Quote:
For strikers yes scoring is a big thing, but if a player has stats in areas that would indicate they do more than just score tap ins (Inzaghi vs Dzeko who has very good dribbling stats, passing, touch) I would say he is under performing considering the set as a whole if scores a header and a penalty but did little to justify those dribbling/speed values. PES strikers like Dzeko, Lewandoski, Cavani, Higuain with the stats they have will score on blue arrow, below their regular level of play. Sometimes I play great strikers with grey arrows as I do not look like the substitute option or I am trying to keep a historical XI as constant starters barring serious injury, and they will be useless dribbling,passing,hold up play etc. - but in some games they still manage to score or do something of worth due to their 90+ key stats, sometimes its good Attack, BB and Header on a corner and sometimes I include a freekick master or LPA/LPS/Curling master as even on grey arrow he will still be my best set-piece shooter or supplier.

For strikers, scoring isn't a big thing, it's the biggest thing (I know that since I am a former striker).
I really don't understand what are you trying to say? That we should lower all their abilities except those for strikers, because they rarely show those attributes in game. Put him on a fullback, maybe he'll show them then.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]