Growth type: Standard

CARDS:
S02 - Outside Curve
S04 - PK Taker
S05 - 1-Touch Play
S06 - Long Ranger Drive
P10 - Long Ranger
P14 - Free Roaming

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Tactical Dribble - Middle Shooting - Penalties - 1-Touch Play - Outside

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack-Minded

Last edited by Trivelocco on Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:46 pm
Profile WWW

Interista93 wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:
wow, that was frighteningly specific :shock: . I looked at the stats quoted (from habilidadespesefifa) and they really look alike. I'm not going to argue about how trustworthy they are, just give my opinion about the Neto as player. Arguably one of the best players playing in Brazil in the 90s, he participated in Copa America and the Olympics and only didn't go to the 1990 Cup for internal reasons. I personally think he is one of the best free kickers in Brazilian football history, and I agree with the number 95, as well as the number 93 for the Curlings and 93 for Shot Power. About Response, I hadn't noticed :lol: but it's really high. In relation to other skills, the maximum that can be reduced is 2 points, this being very humble. I think COND's question is why he was referred to as a fat player and not much concerned with improving his physique. Maybe 3 is low, I don't know if it's possible for a player of his level to have such bad Condition/Fitness, but it doesn't move much from there, maybe to 4 or 5.

edit: as I said above, I think he's very close to Raí's level.

When I said that he also had way better free kick ability than the players I mentioned, I meant that he had that other than being very similar to them in every other aspect. He may have been one of the best Brazilian players in the 1990s but was he really close to their level?
As I already said, I didn't see this guy playing. Therefore, I was simply questioning rather than suggesting.
Regarding COND, I mainly take in consideration the number of games and minutes played during the era. He made 56 appearances in the Brazilian league plus 11 with Brazil. The average would be 22 per season. He surely took part to regional games as well. However, the level of football in Brazil isn't equal to Europe and I don't think that a perfect form is too necessary to play at least decently. COND 3 though looks low while 4 would be fine.
Regarding his shooting stats, he scored 24 goals for Corinthians plus 5 for Brazil in 67 matches between 1989 and 1991. That makes an average 0,36 scoring rate. However, how many goals came from free kick? Considering his high FKA value, I imagine many of them. When a player scores mostly from free kick, I don't go too high with SA and ST.

Yeah, I agree with all that.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:02 pm

Interista93 wrote:
However, the level of football in Brazil isn't equal to Europe

During the 90s? I believe it is equal or at least very close.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:05 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Interista93 wrote:
However, the level of football in Brazil isn't equal to Europe

During the 90s? I believe it is equal or at least very close.

nah, in the 90's soccer had already become mostly commercial and the distance between European and South American soccer was already quite accentuated, it started to distance itself in the 80's (where it still had a similar level, but it was already moving away) and in the 90s it was already another level.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:11 pm

No way!

During the 80s were in the same level and 90s maybe a little lower, but only a little. It started to change only when the European teams could have more than 3 foreing players. Before that? No way!

Actually, during the 80s, only Italian Championship was better, Brazilian was better than German, English and Spanish.

Bosman law started at 1995.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:16 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
No way!

During the 80s were in the same level and 90s maybe a little lower, but only a little. It started to change only when the European teams could have more than 3 foreing players. Before that? No way!

Actually, during the 80s, only Italian Championship was better, Brazilian was better tha German, English and Spanish.

I don't know how valid this following point is but 1970 is the last year where Brazil won a World Cup with only players from the Brazilian league. In 1982 and 1986 only two players per edition were playing in Europe. Since 1990 Brazil had half team formed by players from European leagues. And I know that in the past there was a restriction for players who were playing abroad who couldn't be called up by their own national team ─ I don't remember when it ended ─ but my point is that if a national team manages to do a good World Cup campaign or even win the tournament by relying only on players from the league of their country, that's a valid reason to consider that league of high level.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:25 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:
No way!

Actually, during the 80s, only Italian Championship was better, Brazilian was better tha German, English and Spanish.

I don't know how valid this following point is but 1970 is the last year where Brazil won a World Cup with only players from the Brazilian league. In 1982 and 1986 only two players per edition were playing in Europe. Since 1990 Brazil had half team formed by players from European leagues. And I know that in the past there was a restriction for players who were playing abroad who couldn't be called up by their own national team ─ I don't remember when it ended ─ but my point is that if a national team manages to do a good World Cup campaign or even win the tournament by relying only on players from the league of their country, that's a valid reason to consider that league of high level.

The thing is that the Brazilian players were spread, not all in only one league, and Brazil had so many players (Neto for example) that the championship level didnt drop so much. As the European clubs could have only 3 foreign, the level didnt increase so much.

Bosnan law in 95 was a mark on football. There was Brazilian league before (same level than Europeans) and Brazilian league after, dropping continuosly. Now, we are a shit! But 90s? No way! ;)

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:37 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
The thing is that the Brazilian players were spread, not all in only one league, and Brazil had so many players (Neto for example) that the championship level didnt drop so much. As the European clubs could have only 3 foreign, the level didnt increase so much.

Bosnan law in 95 was a mark on football. There was Brazilian league before (same level than Europeans) and Brazilian league after, dropping continuosly. Now, we are a shit! But 90s? No way! ;)

No one ever said the Brazilian league was shit, simply not on the same level as the European.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:43 pm

I know. I am not saying that.

I just ended like this:

Now, Brazilian Championship is a shit. (today)

But during 90s? No way

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:45 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Actually, during the 80s, only Italian Championship was better, Brazilian was better than German, English and Spanish.

Yeah and the Ugandan Premier League was also better. And the lowest type of Sunday league in Malaysia. Hell, a random game of some strangers in the Brazilian jungle would be better than those three leagues.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:50 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:

Yeah and the Ugandan Premier League was also better. And the lowest type of Sunday league in Malaysia. Hell, a random game of some strangers in the Brazilian jungle would be better than those three leagues.

lol that comment was very unfortunate but i confess i laughed.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:55 pm

Addressing some of the points, as I had made a huge reply post and the blog didn't register :/ :

-Boban, Mancini / Neto being overrated in my set (RES and FKA): It's hard to compare Neto to both players, as all of them are quite different from each other. Boban and Mancini's stats are better overall, Zvonimir being more like a classy midfield dominator, and Roberto being capable of creating much better attacks. I agree to reduce Neto's RES, but just for further notice, I gave him an 86 because even though he was pictured as a lazy player, he was incredibly keen on capitalizing on defenders' openings and failures, doing everything he could to step into the box. I think it's fair to lower it to 84, as he did not always help to recover lost balls. FKA is not up for debate, the videos proof that he was a fantastic FK taker.

-Overpowered, Master League, HabilidadesPES and my take on this: I have had this set for a while in my PS2 PES6 save, and I have him as a very important part of my ML team. It is funny how accurate he is to real life, being very important in order to build the attacking moves and being the team's main dead ball hitter. I've had this for a while, originally gotten from PES STATS DATABASE (http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=9973) while it was still an active forum, and adapted to what I watched him play. After some research, I have checked today and you guys are right, many sites have copied the stats, most notably HABILIDADES PES E FIFA, PES EDIÇÕES PS2 and PES STATS FANON (a bit overrated).

I have indeed watched all videos, + done some extra tweaking based on all I have seen from Neto b4 posting it here. As for this, I fucked up. I ask you guys for forgiveness, I had not read thoroughly all the rules and I didn't have it clear that correcting and remaking other sites' sets did not make them mine, therefore not ok to post in PES MITI. I'm really sorry for this, but I grant you that I have tested all of the sets that were rebuilt (being those RICARDINHO 98-02 / MARCELINHO 97-01 / a little bit of KLÉBERSON 99-02), and I think they are accurate enough to be placed over KONAMI's original stats. I had no intention of plagiarizing other people's work. I took up editing stats as a hobby, and thanks anyway for all the feedback. :oops: :)

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:00 pm
Profile WWW

It's alright. The fact is, it's right to create a set based on your own thoughts about the player ─ either if it's from video or written info ─ rather than taking as a base a set from different websites that also overrate a huge bunch of classic players.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:11 pm

Interista93 wrote:
It's alright. The fact is, it's right to create a set based on your own thoughts about the player ─ either if it's from video or written info ─ rather than taking as a base a set from different websites that also overrate a huge bunch of classic players.

Great! It is the right way to do it indeed.

Also, I looked for this information in the site but couldnt find it to answer my question.

If I create Geraldo Assoviador that is not included in any team here, it would be pointless or it is a relevant content for the forum?

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:56 pm
Profile WWW

Posted some corrections that I made originally on my website.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:17 am
Profile WWW

Updated (reviewed footage from the '90 Brasileirão).

The previous set:
Spoiler: show
Name: José Ferreira Neto
Nickname: "Craque Neto", "Craque", “Neto”, "Netão", "Xodó da Fiel", "N10"

Club: SC Corinthians
Position: AMF, SS
Side: LF/BS

Height: 174 cm
Weight: 81 kg

Attack: 81
Defence: 34
Balance: 77
Stamina: 72
Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 78
Response: 81
Agility: 82
Dribble Accuracy: 86
Dribble Speed: 77
Short Pass Accuracy: 84
Short Pass Speed: 81
Long Pass Accuracy: 86
Long Pass Speed: 81
Shot Accuracy: 82
Shot Power: 90
Shot Technique: 84
Free Kick Accuracy: 95
Curling: 93
Header: 68
Jump: 71
Technique: 88
Aggression: 79
Mentality: 66
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 68

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 4
Weak Foot Accuracy: 3
Weak Foot Frequency: 3
Consistency: 5
Free Kick Style: 10 | 8 | 4
Penalty Kick Style: 1
Dribble Style: 1
Growth type: Standard

CARDS:
S02 - Outside Curve
S04 - PK Taker
S05 - 1-Touch Play
S06 - Long Ranger Drive
S13 - Step On Skills
S13 - Scissors Skills
P01 - Classic N°10
P10 - Long Ranger

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Tactical Dribble - Playmaking - Passing - Middle Shooting - Penalties - 1-Touch Play - Outside

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack-Minded

INFO:
After a brief and troubled spell for Palmeiras, Neto signed with Corinthians and quickly became a star player. With lots of grit and determination, Neto provoked a huge impact on the team, stepping up to lead the team through the 1990 Brasileirão title campaign. "Netão" was an insanely talented player, capable of striking the ball in deadly fashion from anywhere on the pitch, providing key passes to fellow attackers and taking corner kicks with much precision. He became one of the best free kick takers in the history of brazilian football, very much capable of delivering perfect kicks with any imaginable effect or curve (Trivela, Knuckleball, Curling, low driven shots, you name it), his dead ball accuracy being key for securing wins and leading the team to the finals of the Brasileirão 1990. Although a talented number 10 on the pitch, Neto had lots of physical issues, being a heavy alcohol drinker and marijuana user, having trouble to stay fit. He was also a very self-centered individual, constantly arguing with managers and coaches, being unfriendly to the press. Many still argue to this day (including Neto himself) that Sebastião Lazaroni, the seleção's coach at the 1990 WC, should have called up Neto, but Lazaroni chose to call up Bismarck instead.

1989 Triangular de Goiânia Winner
1990 Taça dos Invictos Winner
1990 Campeonato Brasileiro Title
1991 Supercopa do Brasil Winner
1991 Supercopa do Brasil Top Goalscorer
1991 Troféu Centenário Winner
1991 Campeonato Brasileiro Silver Ball
1991 Copa América Runner Up

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9 ... C3%ADtulos
https://www.transfermarkt.com.br/neto/p ... ler/371574
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muRqWkcO-iY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58DMfjV4XIE