CF MÁRIO

Captain: Fábio
Short free kick: Nenê | Chicão
Long free kick: Chicão
Free kick 2: Nené
Right corner: Telê Santana | Nenê
Left corner: Telê Santana | Nenê
Penalty: Carlitos | Dalmo

Last edited by Interista93 on Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:03 am

This wasn't an easy task. There are so many Brazilian players who should or could have been called-up for Brazil.
You may not see certain players because we tried to select them from all eras, considering mainly their achievements or if
they were called-up but ultimately didn't play. Of course, it's very possible that we forgot someone. Any suggestion is welcome!

Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:07 am

Fantastic list! It's really accurate, the only thing I disagree with 100% is the presence of Willian Bigode in the 23. I don't think he is better than Aloísio Chulapa in any way.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:10 am

What about those who were approached but declined/said "fvk Brasil" before any official callup was made and end up playing for another country like Jorginho, Éder and Pepe (as I'm unsure if Deco was ever approached and Diego Costa did play for Brazil so he doesn't count).

Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:06 am

El Capo wrote:
What about those who were approached but declined/said "fvk Brasil" before any official callup was made and end up playing for another country like Jorginho, Éder and Pepe (as I'm unsure if Deco was ever approached and Diego Costa did play for Brazil so he doesn't count).

Dino da Costa too could've make it. In fact, we had him in the team at first.
However, we ultimately decided not to count players who capped for other countries.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:37 am

Excellent list. An observation: the Bahia team was a power in the late 50's and early 60's. In 1959 it was champion (beating Santos de Pelé and Vasco de Bellini). In addition, 2nd place in 1960 and 1963. Still, probably due to being in a remote region of the Southeast (Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo), no player was called up. I believe that from that team, players like goalkeeper Nadinho and winger Marito would have a place in this selection.

Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:56 pm

guilermerr wrote:
Excellent list. An observation: the Bahia team was a power in the late 50's and early 60's. In 1959 it was champion (beating Santos de Pelé and Vasco de Bellini). In addition, 2nd place in 1960 and 1963. Still, probably due to being in a remote region of the Southeast (Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo), no player was called up. I believe that from that team, players like goalkeeper Nadinho and winger Marito would have a place in this selection.

We're aware of that but since I decided to keep the NT format we're currently using, it was really hard to select some players. Nonetheless, Marito is in the reserves.

Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:54 pm

What about this player: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11247

Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:15 pm

LucasTheGerdMuller wrote:
What about this player: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11247

He was taken into consideration but we decided to give priority to those who played at high level in teams that won major titles but still didn't cap for Brazil.

Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:23 pm

How can Ailton not be here? Unlike many of those guys who just played on semi-professional level in Brazil he was very good (in 2003-04 arguably world class) striker in Bundesliga..
And it's not just him, Raffael for example was a Bundesliga regular for almost a decade, Lincoln had a very decent peak for Lautern/Schalke, Chris was pretty good CB in quite weak Frankfurt team and even someone like Felipe Santana could probably keep up with those guys in reserve..

Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:04 pm

TELECO

Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:57 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
How can Ailton not be here? Unlike many of those guys who just played on semi-professional level in Brazil he was very good (in 2003-04 arguably world class) striker in Bundesliga..
And it's not just him, Raffael for example was a Bundesliga regular for almost a decade, Lincoln had a very decent peak for Lautern/Schalke, Chris was pretty good CB in quite weak Frankfurt team and even someone like Felipe Santana could probably keep up with those guys in reserve..

As I mentioned in the first reply, it wasn't easy. Other than researching I checked many all star teams here to see if I found some names.
I clearly forgot some players and probably even more than the ones you mentioned. Aílton can surely be in the first team instead of Aloísio Chulapa.

Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:31 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:

Yeah. I remember the great proffesional level on german's football during the 2000s with Paulo Rink and Cacau taking the german nationality. I was wondering why they didnt the same with Ailton.

Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:52 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Yeah. I remember the great proffesional level on german's football during the 2000s with Paulo Rink and Cacau taking the german nationality. I was wondering why they didnt the same with Ailton.

Ailton actually offered it but there was no interest from DFB.
Anyway to put some things clear: Bundesliga in those years had goalkeepers like Kahn, Rost, Butt or Hildebrand, defenders like R. Kovac, Linke, Nowotny, Wörns or Bordon and a lot of DMs that were able to "neutralize" the opponent's attack weapons, what certainly makes it an archievement to score 100 Bundesliga goals during those years (even nowadays only four Non-German players have scored more goals in Bundesliga than Ailton).
I highly doubt that most of the attackers of this team even once faced defenders like those guys mentioned above (and please no, don't come up with the old Domingos da Guia myth again), so it's pretty obvious that Ailton played in a league with higher level.

Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:36 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:

Ailton actually offered it but there was no interest from DFB.
Anyway to put some things clear: Bundesliga in those years had goalkeepers like Kahn, Rost, Butt or Hildebrand, defenders like R. Kovac, Linke, Nowotny, Wörns or Bordon and a lot of DMs that were able to "neutralize" the opponent's attack weapons, what certainly makes it an archievement to score 100 Bundesliga goals during those years (even nowadays only four Non-German players have scored more goals in Bundesliga than Ailton).
I highly doubt that most of the attackers of this team even once faced defenders like those guys mentioned above (and please no, don't come up with the old Domingos da Guia myth again), so it's pretty obvious that Ailton played in a league with higher level.

Yes. The German Championship was so good that I never saw Kleberson playing in the Brazilian Champiomship so easily like he played against the Bundesliga's stars on the 2002 final.

Let's face the truth, if you take Bayern Munchen out of the Bundesliga, you have the same level of the Brazilian Champiomship.

Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next