It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 148  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Amministratore

I think they lost to avoid Croatia and Brazil, they have continued passing ball in the second half despite they were losing.

Lukaku has always been good against amateur like Panama and ridicolous against decent opponents.

Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:35 am

Lukaku has five World Cup goals and 6 Euros goals, by far more than any other Belgian player, also he scored against France in the Nations League and Italy in the Euros. Maybe you can say he mostly scores against “easy” opposition but as you can see, without him Belgium struggles to score against anyone, even if he’s not scoring his presence makes the team so much more threatening and gives his teammates somebody to play off. I don’t think it’s a surprise at all that the 45 minutes they played with a completely unfit Lukaku were their best 45 of the tournament. Also IMO only the last miss was a bad one, the first one was actually difficult, the second would have been disallowed and the third was kicked straight at him…

And again, Spain were going out at one point. It makes no sense for them to intentionally lose. No team that is trying to lose keeps 85% possession and has 8 shots on target, bringing on 3 attackers and 2 attacking full backs while also playing Gavi instead of resting him even though he missed a few days of training. Japan just took their only 2 chances, same as they did against Germany. Actually Spain played better against Japan than Germany did so I don’t know where these accusations are coming from. Did Germany also intentionally lose? It certainly looked more like it with the chances they missed and the goals they conceded.

Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:47 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
And again, Spain were going out at one point. It makes no sense for them to intentionally lose. No team that is trying to lose keeps 85% possession and has 8 shots on target, bringing on 3 attackers and 2 attacking full backs while also playing Gavi instead of resting him even though he missed a few days of training.

Nonsense, you could clearly see how they slowed down the game after news came in about the 2:2 and especially after the third goal.

StuartBannigan wrote:
Japan just took their only 2 chances, same as they did against Germany. Actually Spain played better against Japan than Germany did so I don’t know where these accusations are coming from. Did Germany also intentionally lose? It certainly looked more like it with the chances they missed and the goals they conceded.

Nonsense again, we were far better than Japan and almost dominated them for the entire game. They deserve their win because of their efficiency but I don't know how it's possible to say that Spain's performance yesterday was better than ours.
And even more important: I don't know why you think that you're in the position to tell someone that he can't be frustated of such a result. Your NT never was in such a position - at least not in your lifetime - so you can't judge it. I know that it sounds arrogant but I'm pretty sure that every other member here (no matter if he's from Italy, Serbia, Brazil or Croatia) would have reacted in the exact way if their NT would have gone out like we did.

Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:20 pm

Probably our wtf-est game since the 7x1. We lost Telles, and Marquinhos did not convince me as a LB. Dunno how Tite is going to pull it off against Korea. Kinda expected more from Bruno. Dani was okayish.

Uruguay being eliminated was also tough to watch. Shit day, lol (for me, at least :oops: :| :mrgreen: ).

Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

Trivelocco wrote:
Probably our wtf-est game since the 7x1. We lost Telles, and Marquinhos did not convince me as a LB. Dunno how Tite is going to pull it off against Korea. Kinda expected more from Bruno. Dani was okayish.

Uruguay being eliminated was also tough to watch. Shit day, lol (for me, at least :oops: :| :mrgreen: ).

Shit day for @Milos and me too my friend, but to be honest Serbia didn't deserve it at all, that's sport... :)

Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:32 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
Nonsense again, we were far better than Japan and almost dominated them for the entire game. They deserve their win because of their efficiency but I don't know how it's possible to say that Spain's performance yesterday was better than ours.

Spain barely lost the ball the whole game, Japan basically scored the only 2 times they left their half. It was similar against Germany, but Spain didn't implode in the same way as Germany did, who practically gifted Japan their two goals. What I'm saying is that Spain made Japan work harder to earn their win than Germany did. What's sad is that Spain apparently trying to lose still managed the same result as a Germany team that were desperately trying to win...

Quote:
And even more important: I don't know why you think that you're in the position to tell someone that he can't be frustated of such a result. Your NT never was in such a position - at least not in your lifetime - so you can't judge it. I know that it sounds arrogant but I'm pretty sure that every other member here (no matter if he's from Italy, Serbia, Brazil or Croatia) would have reacted in the exact way if their NT would have gone out like we did.

Oh please, Scotland are the masters at going out in spectacular ways, I can't count how many times we've had bad luck or some disastrous result in a game we should win that leads to us going out or not qualifying. See: Georgia and Italy 2007, Iran 1978, New Zealand and Soviets 1982, everything in 1974 and so on. We've gone out in the group stages in ways other countries can't even imagine. By the way, Celtic also lost the title on goal difference in 02/03 as Rangers won 6-1 on the final day and won the title by one goal. And yes, of course Celtic fans blamed Dunfermline (Rangers opponents) at the time and even today, but it's easy to see there's also 37 other games where Celtic could have made the difference. Even with that result practically causing a civil war in this country, it's easy for me to stay unbiased and recognise that no manager would send his team out to lose. Apart from Austria in 1982 of course...

And as I'm the only person here whose country isn't even qualified to the World Cup, it seems to me that I'm the only neutral person here. After all, I'm the person that first suggested that Spain could lose on purpose, but from what I saw that didn't happen at all. I just can't see any reason Germany should be annoyed at Spain, how can you be angry that Spain lost to the same team that you did? The logic doesn't make sense at all. Spain deserve criticism for losing to Japan, but not because it eliminated Germany, only because it could have lead to themselves getting eliminated. I've seen Sweden and Denmark in 2004, I've seen Germany and Austria in 1982, this game was nothing like that.

Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:47 am

Kolektivitet wrote:
Trivelocco wrote:

Shit day for @Milos and me too my friend, but to be honest Serbia didn't deserve it at all, that's sport... :)

Shit indeed. We're playing without defense. Individually, we have good defenders, but as a whole, they are below average.

Good thing is that our team has potential, and the only thing lacking is continuity. So if we reach Euro 2024, we can hope that we'll get some respectable result there. Of course, all of this will be possible if politicians, other "football workers" , all those Đorićs, Kosanovićs, and similar vultures keep their hands off our national team.

Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:40 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
I've seen Sweden and Denmark in 2004, I've seen Germany and Austria in 1982, this game was nothing like that.

What about Argentina vs Peru in 1978? :lol:

Gabriel Jesus and Alex Telles out of the WC.

Let's see how Alexsandro, Danilo and Neymar will recover. Probably NT's medical department will give an update today.

Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:07 pm
Profile WWW

StuartBannigan wrote:

And as I'm the only person here whose country isn't even qualified to the World Cup, it seems to me that I'm the only neutral person here.

Not only you. 8-)

Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:35 pm

Dumfries - Robinson 3-1

Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:57 pm

I’m surprised how good Rabiot has been at this tournament, easily the best I’ve seen him play. What a great achievement for Giroud, after so many years of disrespect, I’m glad he seems to be getting more recognition from everyone now. Unfortunately for him, Mbappé will probably break that record in 2 or 3 years :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:18 pm

Croatian NT under pressure / in important games: Mentality 99.
Every other Ex-Yugoslav NT under pressure / in important games: Mentality 9.
Fantastic saves by Livakovic.

Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:56 pm

How sad for Japan, it seems they just didn’t have anything left to give after working so hard. I don’t think Brazil (I assume they will go through) will be too worried about Croatia, they were pretty awful, especially Petković looked like an amateur footballer…

Although it’s of course impressive that they could still keep up their winning mentality even after taking their veterans off.

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:04 pm

I wished too Japan would be the surprise of this tournament, but they had to deal with the ultimate dark horse and they eventually yield. Surely the worst penalty takings I've seen in a while. Livakovic is a great keeper and has gone under the radars. I wonder had he been used at 2018 final instead of that shitty Subasic, things could have gone better. I'm glad he had his moment to shine. Nevertheless, nothing special at his saves, he just went into Japaneses' head too easily.

In other news, Joga Bonito just keeps on giving. South Korea all over the place. Son looks really depressing. Like Lewa, nowhere inspirational and got drifted along that general mediocrity.

Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:12 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Croatian NT under pressure / in important games: Mentality 99.
Every other Ex-Yugoslav NT under pressure / in important games: Mentality 9.
Fantastic saves by Livakovic.

I'd add -every other EX Yugoslav teams combined have mentality 9

Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 148  Next