It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Jean VINCENT 1954-1958 

Name: Jean Vincent

Clubs: Lille OSC (1954-1956), Stade de Reims (1956-1958)
Position: *WF, CF, SS
Side: RF/LS

Height: 175 cm
Weight: 73 kg

Attack: 85
Defence: 40
Balance: 77
Stamina: 81
Top Speed: 83
Acceleration: 89
Response: 78
Agility: 85
Dribble Accuracy: 90
Dribble Speed: 83
Short Pass Accuracy: 78
Short Pass Speed: 72
Long Pass Accuracy: 79
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 84
Shot Power: 82
Shot Technique: 83
Free Kick Accuracy: 68
Curling: 76
Header: 77
Jump: 79
Technique: 86
Aggression: 85
Mentality: 78
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 75

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 5
Growth Type: Standard

CARDS:
P05 Trickster
P12 Incisive Run
S01 Reaction
S14 Quick Turn

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Tactical Dribble - Reaction

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:

The best ever French winger. Formidable left winger, with lightning accelerations and devastating outbursts, Jean Vincent will be one of the greatest French players of the 50s and 60s. With Lille then Reims, he will win everything that can be won. Vincent had spectacular dribbling skills aand good speed, especially on the ball. Besides he was good scorer as well, scored some goals with his head as well. Sometimes looked selfish and unconsistent. Spotted by the neighbor club Lille OSC, he signed his first professional contract at age 19. In June 1951, he played the semifinals of the Latin Cup against Sporting Portugal (1-1) and then the final against AC Milan which ended in defeat 5-0. The following season, Vincent stands out as the team owner in Northern France and scored 14 goals including a hat-trick in the 17th day against Racing Club De Paris (7-3). In 1952-1953, the club finished fourth in the championship but it's Coupe de France Jean Vincent and his team does an excellent course. Lille wins fourth Cup in France's history by winning 2-1. In 1953-1954 Lille wins the championship of France. The 1955-1956 season is its last in the north, he played 31 games and scored 11 goals. The club Lille needing money, sold him to Stade de Reims for 195 000 francs (19.5 million old francs before 1960). After a season of adjustment, Vincent performs with his teammates the league and cup double in 1958. The following year the Stade de Reims argument for the second time a Cup final of European Champions Real Madrid cons of Raymond Kopa and Alfredo Di Stefano, Vincent and his teammates bow logically 2-0. Vincent is the new champion of France in 1960. With the return of Kopa, Reims the attack coincides with the attack on the France national team and scored 109 goals in the Championship. Fontaine finished top scorer with 28 goals, Piantoni mark 18, Vincent and Kopa 14 each. He won with his teammates one last championship in 1962 for the purpose of goal difference on Racing. In 1963 he was with his club vice-champion of France AS Monaco behind and lost in the semi-finals of the Coupe de France against those Monegasques despite a goal. He earned 46 caps and scored 22 goals for the France national football team, and played and scored in the 1954 FIFA World Cup, the 1958 FIFA World Cup, and the 1960 European Football Championship. Vincent enjoyed considerable success as a coach at Nantes, taking them to two league championships.

Quote:
If Vaast has known a happy time with R.C Paris, that one where the winger showed up everywhere, I have personally gone trough (and I still do it) a period of evolution on the collective point of view. The winger of my debuts (1948-50) was a man to score goals. Then he started to be affected by the spearhead inside. And basically he is today a man of the midfield. Ernest Vaast said that the behaviour of the winger intimately depended on the inside's one. It is true ! Look at my career...At Auchel as an amateur, I was a real winger, always at the upfront, always launched by his closest teammate overflowing and shooting at the goals. At Lille, then I became a spearhead inside, almost winger, a man of rapid counter-attacks and deep. At Reims, becoming winger, I had to defer to the game of my insides... all spearhead insides (Bliard, Fontaine, Piantoni). Thus I had to undertake a big work at midfield and in defense. A bit against my nature because if I like getting the ball and exert myself tirelessly, I'm always considered like a winger made to cause the decision, thanks to my speed, my dribble and my sense of the goal.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:13 am

R.I.P. legend..

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]