Consistency: 5
Growth Type: Standard

CARDS:
S07 Man Marking
S08 Slide Tackle

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Marking - Sliding

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Defence Minded

Quote:
Corradini was central defender although sometimes also played as full back, one of the best man markers in Italy at the time. Very strong physically and excellent in aerial play, solid technically. Capable of occassional runs in attack and producing solid passes, but he wasn't particularly fast sometimes even looking letargic. Had the ability to hold the ball and set up the game from the backline, and also mark the opponent without necessarily recourse to systematic fouls. His wisdom and tactical awareness were one of his top strengths so Giancarlo became the reliable man to which deliver the main tasks of marking, either by the need to know well the movements of the back four of Bianchi, but also for the search of the ductility the coach asked the stopper, who until that point had just examined the only task of stopping the centre forwards.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:52 am

in season 1989-1990 he play also as sweeper after the injure of Renica

Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:29 pm

Quote:
Nella stagione successiva al primo scudetto, nella campagna di rafforzamento della squadra, Corradini risulta uno dei cardini principali attraverso il quale forgiare un reparto difensivo impermeabile, cosa che in parte avvenne, anche se non poche sono state le problematiche per far sì che Giancarlo diventasse l’uomo affidabile a cui consegnare i compiti di marcatura principali, vuoi per la necessità di conoscere per bene i movimenti della difesa a quattro di Bianchi, ma anche per la ricerca della duttilità che il mister azzurro chiedeva allo stopper, che fino a quel punto aveva semplicemente preso in esame l’unico compito di fermare la prima punta avversaria.

Ben presto vengono fuori le doti di ottimo palleggiatore di Corradini che, nonostante non fosse un titolare inamovibile, riuscì ben presto a farsi apprezzare e a guadagnare man mano fiducia, riuscendo spesso a partire dall’inizio. Delle sue caratteristiche ricordiamo anche la capacità di tenere palla e a impostare il gioco dalla retroguardia, e anche in fase di marcatura riusciva a fermare l’avversario senza ricorre necessariamente al fallo sistematico, cosa che, ad ogni modo, aveva nel suo dna, a causa anche del suo fisico possente e arcigno.

Wed May 14, 2014 8:11 pm

Well I've never seen in any game such a "great" technique and dribbling like the text says...I've never also seen him making some good passes forward to start the attacks, and cetainly never "tenere palla" too long..

So what do you suggest :?:

I could raise TEC, DA, passing stats for 1-2 points, but TBH I'm very surprised with that text, that's not what I've seen from him on the pitch.

But I can't imagine him having same numbers in TEC or DA like Francini...

Wed May 14, 2014 8:29 pm
Profile WWW

Corradini was not as technical as it is described by the text. Was it a good Defender but let us not exaggerate. Just as you wrote you compared with Francini

Wed May 14, 2014 8:41 pm

Yes, I'm very surprised too... maybe 1-2 points in pass and technique...

Thu May 15, 2014 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]