Growth type: Standard/Lasting
Free Kick Style: 8

CARDS:
P01 - Classic N°10
P18 - Talisman
S02 - Passer
S04 - PK Taker
S06 - Outside Curve

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Tactical Dribble - Playmaking - Passing - Penalties - Outside

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:

Waldyr Pereira (October 8, 1928 – May 12, 2001), nicknamed Didi, was a Brazilian football midfield player who played in three World Cups: 1954, 1958, and 1962, winning the latter two. He is considered to be one of the greatest midfielders ever. He had incredibly accurate passing, great stamina and strength and he scored many goals.

Born in Rio de Janeiro, he nearly had his right leg amputated when he was 14 due to a severe infection. He recovered and played for some clubs in Campos dos Goytacazes. He became professional playing for Americano de Campos. He came to prominence when he joined Fluminense in 1949. During seven seasons with the club he won the Campeonato carioca in 1951 and Copa de Rio in 1952. He became famous for being an intelligent player and for his "folha seca" ("falling leaf") kicks, where the ball would swerve seemingly downwards at the right time resulting in a goal.

During the 1954 World Cup he scored goals against Mexico and Yugoslavia, before Brazil's defeat to the favorites Hungary. This match was known as the Battle of Berne; Didi was involved with the brawl that followed this bad-tempered match.

At club level, he moved to Botafogo, winning the Campeonato Carioca (Rio state championship) in 1957. Didi had previously promised to walk from the Maracanã to Botafogo's clubhouse in his kit if Botafogo won the championship; 5,000 Botafogo fans joined him as he did so.

His greatest achievement came at the 1958 World Cup where he was player of the tournament. From midfield, he masterminded the first of his two World Cup successes for Brazil. In 68 international matches he scored 20 goals, including a dozen using his trademark free-kicks.

In 1959 he was signed by Real Madrid of Spain. Despite his great reputation after the 1958 World Cup he played only 19 matches (6 goals) for the Spaniards and often clashed with the team leader Alfredo Di Stéfano, who felt offended by the divide in the fan’s attention with this newcomer; this situation precipitated his exit from the club. After success at the 1962 World Cup, he decided to become a coach.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stats by MagicDip.

Era: 1953-1954

Name: Waldir Pereira - "Didi"
Nickname: "O Príncipe Etíope"

Club: Fluminense
Numbers: 8 | 10
Position: AMF , DMF , SS
Side: RF/BS
Era: 1953-1954

Height: 174 cm
Weight: 70 kg

Attack: 84
Defence: 46
Balance: 76
Stamina: 86
Top Speed: 78
Acceleration: 74
Response: 72
Agility: 80
Dribble Accuracy: 91
Dribble Speed: 76
Short Pass Accuracy: 87
Short Pass Speed: 74 
Long Pass Accuracy: 85
Long Pass Speed: 77 
Shot Accuracy: 83
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 82
Free Kick Accuracy: 86
Curling: 70
Header: 74
Jump: 73
Technique: 94
Aggression: 78
Mentality: 76
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 87

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 6
Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Tactical Dribble
Playmaking
Passing
Penalties
Outside

CARDS:
P01 - Classic N°10
P18 - Talisman
S02 - Passer
S04 - PK Taker
S06 - Outside Curve
S20 - Flicking Skills

Dribble Style: 1
Free Kick Style: 18
Attack/Defence Awareness: Attack-Minded

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Same as Nilton: RES + Passing speed + All physical stats are blown out of proportion for some of them.
Curling is way too high as well, he was nothing special in this, worth green or low yellow max with decent effect in passing and almost no effect in free kicks, they were taken with power mostly.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:17 pm
Profile WWW

Are you sure about MEN? I heard an interview with his daughter in TV and she said that his main characteristic was his mental strenght. He never laid his head down and respond very fast to difficult situations, was a great leader. The first goal of Sweden was a good example (imagine all the 1950 ghosts that surfaced), and he was the one that putted the team back on track. With this value it looks like he didn´t care too much.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:18 pm

He was a technical leader and the maestro of the team, something like what Zidane was (in 2006 especially).
In terms of pure mentality he was nothing special, I've never seen him exhorting or motivating his teammates. That was Zito's temperament instead.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:51 pm
Profile WWW

Curling: 80

Mentality: 79

:lol: :lol:

It's a shame to see Charrúan's good work going down the drain...
I would prefer not to see my name among the creators, to be honest.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:39 am

I'll let MagicDip to answer...

Meanwhile this is Konami's answer:

BTW If you really want to be removed from credits, confirm again and I'll take care about that. I don't want to have unhappy members on the board...

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Amministratore

I'm not an expert of this player but it's very strange a drop of curling from 99 to 80, it's like Charruan and MagicDip have seen two different players.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:09 am

I personally support MagicDip, since it's obvious the original stats were very overrated, but I'm also suspicious about CUR, as I told
MagicDip in PM, I was thinking about 85-90 but he convinced me different and I trust him, I can post printscreen as evidence if somebody doesn't trust me...

Beiderbecke, we always had correct communication but in this case I tend to trust MagicDip. I mean, leave the texts, what's the point of those texts if in all games available he never curled the ball over the ball, rather smashed it with full power :roll: I mean if you can prove different, I'll change the stats...

Also it's enough really mentioning some "old standards" or Konami or psd..Konami knows the best how things work in the game and it should be respected regardlesss the fact they don't pay attention at all to stats of classic players and players from minor leagues/teams... As for psd, their classic section is a big bullshit, there's no old and new standards, they just try to copy Konami by lowering randomly certain abilities to all classic players to look like Konami, but they don't know how Konami rates players. So all their classics looks the same, like manufactured robots...Everybody passes the ball with same pace, everybody who's above 180 cm gets white and green AGI and JUM, every classic must have green/white SPS, LPS, RES, STA and all of that randomly without watching any game of the player who's being updated :lol: :roll:

Our community is rather small but we watch the games of classic players and what we see, we transfer in stats. So MagicDip watched all those brazilians and posted the stats based on what's he seen...I also find his way a bit harsh but it's certainly better than the previous stats. I respect a lot Charruan, but Didi with RES 89 is just redicuolous...It's mistake since we rated in past RES as "vision and reading of the game" which actually doesn't have any connection with that...To conclude this, my intention is to continue updating those players with MagicDip's help, certainly I'll use more conservative changes from his suggestions like I've done so far, that's priority IMO...Most of our stats were made 4-5 years ago and it just has to be rewatched...

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:36 pm
Profile WWW

I don't have anything else to add in this childish ego-wounded attempt of war, except my warning to JeanMarc: I hope you know what you are doing 'cause you're dealing with the devil himself here (incarnated by me of course :mrgreen: )

Like I said, I'm open to discuss with anyone who has solid arguments concerning the stats but I won't be lectured anymore by people who don't know what they are talking about because they are lazy to watch the games to have the slightest clue concerning the players they pretend to know well.
So, if anyone has arguments about giving Didi 99 in curve (something I couldn't witness in like 10 full games I watched from him so far), I'm listening.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:02 pm
Profile WWW

First and foremost, I don't support neither 99 for curling nor 89 for RES. This is important to be cleared up.
The set for Didi on the former forum and also the update made for it are old and I didn't say it was perfect. Although, the idea of it as a whole isn't bad at all.

Like you've said, there was a common mistake of believing that a high RES value would reflect "speed of thought" for playmakers among other similar terms. On our first forum, the one that was extinguished, and others around the web talked about that. Obviously a wrong conception.
My point here wasn't related to this aspect of the present set.

The biggest blunders and goofs on it are CUR and MEN being the latter much more subjective than the former.

Didi showed leadership and never omitted himself when his teammates needed him. He also was remarkable for his cold blood like the occasion when the team was losing its final match against Sweden. He put the ball under his arm and said words of support, demanding reaction, victory. Something like Obdulio Varela did in 1950 and he gets 99 for MEN here on the forum even if he could be violent sometimes. Didi never was.

This wasn't the only moment his mental fortress was decisive. In Botafogo, Fluminense and NT he was the one who had total confidence of his coaches. It was said above he was the "technical leader" (what is a lie, this one was Garrincha), but he wasn't, he was a "spiritual leader" of his teams.

I'm not saying he deserves red for MEN, though, but he surely is worth a 85-83 material.

Concerning CUR, Puskas blasted the ball with full power and gets 81 in this segment. So what? He was also capable to score direct from corner kicks.
Like Didi managed to do the same in a few games... Read Eduardo Galeano's book named "El fútbol a sol y sombra" and he says. Let's be coherent like we were for Puskas. 80 for CUR is as ridiculous as 89 for RES.

But you know what? Let it go... One practically can't feel the change while playing.
Like I was discussing with JeanMarc through PM yesterday, this game is damn RANDOM and no version brings you true satisfaction of your hard work. That's the truth...
And I ended up offending a nice person like MagicDip? Nevermind.

I presented my arguments like you ask. Now I presented my apologies too.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Well, I can raise his MEN to 82, but not more than that. I gave Bulgarelli 85 and he was far ahead of him..

AS for CUR, I really don't know what to do. I've also never seen him curling the ball over the wall from free kicks, but still I don't think all those texts are lies, although they are exaggerated. So I'll raise it on 83..

If some feedback doesn't arrive here, I'll apply those changes. I know nobody will be happy with those values, but it's the only solution...

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:48 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
If some feedback doesn't arrive here

Well, as far as I am concerned, everything has been said concerning the matter so I have nothing more to add.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:28 pm
Profile WWW

I've cleared this topic from some personal issues.

Anyway his DEF is too high, he played only in NT deeper, in his club he played more advanced role 15 meters more forward. He didn't have any special defensive work to warrant him such a high value, he should get about 60. If there's no any feedback in the next 2 days, I'll update him alone..

Fri May 20, 2016 8:37 am
Profile WWW

JeanMarc wrote:
I've cleared this topic from some personal issues.

Anyway his DEF is too high, he played only in NT deeper, in his club he played more advanced role 15 meters more forward. He didn't have any special defensive work to warrant him such a high value, he should get about 60. If there's no any feedback in the next 2 days, I'll update him alone..

Unfortunately I'm no big expert on him but I think his primary position should be AMF or SS (rather) then ;)

Sat May 21, 2016 1:49 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
JeanMarc wrote:

Unfortunately I'm no big expert on him but I think his primary position should be AMF or SS (rather) then ;)
Maybe for clubs, but for the NT (at least during the highlighted era, it should remain as CMF).

Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next