Consistency: 5
Growth type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
S07 - Man Marking
S08 - Slide Tackle
S09 - Covering

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Marking - Sliding - Covering

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Defence Minded

INFO: In 1974, Ferroviária's board went to Juventus, from Guariba, in the region of Ribeirão Preto, Mauro Rodrigues dos Santos, or simply Mauro Pastor, a defender who at the time was already seen by "scouts" as a promise of football. "Juventus disputed the third division of the Paulista and the referees that whistled were of Araraquara.

Some of them always commented on my football and said they would like to see me playing in the Railway until one day happened, "says Pastor, citing former referee Theobaldo Roberto Alves dos Santos, Tutu, as responsible for his coming to the club of the Source. "On one occasion, after a match in Guariba, he called me aside and said that he had recommended to the board (of the Railway) my contracting.

A few days later, I received a message that I was supposed to perform at the Fountain for testing, and I ended up staying. "Mauro Pastor, who was the owner of an impressive class, played with the Grêmio shirt for four seasons (1974/1978) until being transferred to the Internacional de Porto Alegre, in 1979. The trip to the gaucho club began to be designed from a friendly between the Brazilian and São Paulo teams in 1977.
"I had the happiness, even though I was a player from the Interior, to be called to the São Paulo squad that faced Brazil in two friendlies in Morumbi. The call to play in the national team is due to Dudu (Olegário Toloi de Oliveira). at the time he was starting his coaching career at Palmeiras. At the stadium there were a huge number of leaders and among them were also directors of Internacional.
After the match I was looked for by them and they finally offered me a contract with the club. "In the first friendly, the Brazilian team, which was preparing to play in the 78 World Cup, beat the Paulistas by 1 to 0. In the second, there was a tie from 1 to 1. Mauro Pastor credits the former president of the Railway, Antônio Eugênio Nogueira da Gama (already deceased), his hiring by the International.

He also served in the Brazilian national team, in 1980/81, called at the time by coach Telê Santana. "The team was preparing for the 82nd World Cup in Spain and I was expected to be the holder of the Brazilian behind, even though I was competing for the Oscar. But three months before we played Uruguay, I injured my ankle and For thirty days I stood still.

Unfortunately, I missed the big chance to play in the World Cup and go to Spain. "Why Pastor? The nickname Mauro Pastor came out in play with the companions of the Fonte club." Maybe because I was an evangelist, they started calling me Mauro Pastor was three-time Brazilian champion with Internacional in 1979.
He made a success playing alongside famous players such as Mauro Galvão (his teammate), Batista, Chico Spina, Mário Sérgio and goalkeeper Benitez.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]